2

She walks down the road.
Her hands are in her pockets, numb.
She hasn't seen the boy, Toby, in a few days.
His name suited him well. He had a large, encouraging smile, and when he offered to walk her home, she couldn't help but accept.
Toby had made her feel like she belonged.
He made it seem like her life was so precious. Too precious to throw away.
Toby had left soon after he got her home safely.
He had asked if she needed anything, then he gave her a hug.
"You deserve to be happy. If you ever need a friend, I'll be here." Then he wrote his number on her palm and left.
When she walked through her front door after going for a short walk, she was bombarded with questions.
"Where were you young lady?"
"Why didn't you tell me you were leaving."
"The Jennings needed you to babysit Tibby."
Her mother scolds her, giving her a disapproving look.
She wraps her arms around her chest and looks down.
"Where were you?"
"On a walk," She says, rubbing the soul of her converse against the floor.
"Go upstairs to your room and occupy yourself," Her mother says, shaking her head and pointing to the stairwell.
She walks to her room and drops on to her bed.
What if Toby hadn't have saved her that day?
Would her mother be okay?
She takes out her phone and types in Toby's number that she had written on a piece of paper.
"Hello?" She hears him ask.
"Um, hi, it's me," She says, quietly.
-
A/N - So I decided to make this an actual story because people actually read it. So the next chapter might possibly be up tonight or tomorrow. Thanks for reading c: