Chapter I

Your POV:
I sat there before the mirror, brushing my (h/c) hair back into a flat bun atop my head. I did this every day, it had been programmed into my very being. I was sick of it.

I knew there was a time before this, before I was forced to partake in the same boring routine day after day. I vaguely remembered bits and pieces of my previous life. Well, images really. There was a beautiful woman, her eyes full of tears as she mouthed what seemed to be goodbye. Four young children dressed in robe-like attire, their smiles bright and their laughter still ringing in my ears. And an older man with kind and dazzling blue eyes and graying hair. I wanted to return to that life, no matter how painful it might have been.

But all of that had ended once I was kidnapped by the First Order. They had erased my memory, although some of it had survived, and then trained me to become a stormtrooper. I knew I was young at the time of the abduction but I had no idea how young I was.

Every day I was forced to wake up at the same time, I would get ready for the day, go down to the mess hall and eat breakfast, begin my training, take a break at noon to eat lunch, resume training, then eat dinner at six before retiring to my quarters, which I shared with four other troopers in my squadron. It was a dull and uneventful schedule.

One would think that serving the First Order would be exciting and dangerous, but I had never actually been deployed on a mission. I was in no hurry to get out on the field, either. Although we all served faithfully, we were all too aware of the astounding numbers of troopers who didn't come home after a 'victorious' mission.

Pushing my thoughts aside, I looked around to make sure the other girls in my sleeping quarters were not paying attention and reached my hand out, calling for my helmet. As though some invisible force was acting on it, the white helmet flew towards my hand, my fingers wrapping around the sides.

I still did not understand this strange occurrence, although I used it at least twice every day for the past two months. When I first discovered this abnormal power that I had, I couldn't resist playing with it. I knew I should have told someone, perhaps even Captain Phasma, but I kept it to myself in fear that I would be punished for it.

Instead, I liked to experiment with it when others weren't looking. I had been able to call objects to my grasp, make things explode without lying a finger on them, push things away from me, and I could have sworn that at least four times I had actually penetrated one of my fellow trooper's thoughts. I enjoyed having this strange power, it allowed me to think of myself as special, as something that actually mattered and not just another arrangement of numbers and letters to be played like a chess piece by my superiors.

"JL-0819, you are going to be late if you don't get down to the mess hall! I'm sure Captain Phasma will love to punish you for your tardiness!" One of the others in my squadron, JL-0310, called out to me. With a small sigh, I placed my helmet over my head, covering my (h/c) hair and concealing my (e/c) eyes.

I was foolish to ever think I could be more than a lowly stormtrooper, daydreaming of a better life would not help me at all. Nor would this power of mine. The only thing that might give me a chance to survive is the heavy training that I was forced into each day. Perhaps with the First Order's teachings I wouldn't be one of those who died on their first mission.

Pushing all of my thoughts out of my mind, I left the room, my stormtrooper programming kicking in. I didn't wonder what was hidden behind the doors that I wasn't allowed in, I didn't think of how I was simply another faceless soldier who's only purpose was to die in battle. I could only focus on my day, on the daily routine that had been etched into my very being.

~

Kylo's POV:
"There is another with the power of the force aboard your base, have you felt it?" The towering holographic figure of Supreme Snoke asked, leaning forwards a bit on his throne-like seat.

I remained on one knee, bowing before him as I responded, "Yes, Supreme Leader."

"You must know by now that the scavenger has found Skywalker and has been training her to become as powerful as he. Not even you, master of the Knights of Ren, can take down both of them together. Therefore, you must find this force-sensitive person and train them to be your apprentice. Only together will you be able to bring down the last of the Jedi and end this war."

"But Supreme Leader, how can I find this person? There are countless soldiers, generals, and mere maintenance people on this base, how can I find the one person in the midst of hundreds?" I asked, looking up at him, searching for guidance.

"Trust your instincts Lord Ren, one day they will come to you. But, you must find this person, it is the only way we can win this war," Snoke spoke, his holographic figure disappear as he cut off the connection.

...

So I decided to write a Kylo Ren/Reader fanfic! I really hope you like it and don't forget to comment and share! Any feedback is greatly appreciated! By the way your stormtrooper identity was inspired by someone who is a huge Star Wars fan but has also helped me through so much, so this is a little tribute to him!