"Coming!" I yelled back, taking the nuggets from the oven and tossing them on the platter "ouch ouch ouch ouch" I hissed as the hot plate burned my fingers tips "Here I am" I announced, running carefully into the living room. April moved a little so I could sit on the couch next to her.

The TV was set on channel 12. It was displayed on the living room window. A holographic screen. A long time ago when I lived with my Mom, we had a small, box-shaped TV made in like the 90's. This was an immense upgrade. I reached for the holographic remote on side table and turned up the volume.

      That evening. Dad was making a big entrance in his Iron Man suit. He was falling from the sky, towards the Stark Expo convention center. The cameras followed his descent, catching as he swerved around the fireworks. I bit the head off of a chicken nugget off and chewed, then dipped it into the ketchup puddle. The screen kept cutting back to the news reporter, and it was annoying. I wanted to see his grand entrance since he didn't let me come see it in person. Something about it being more of an adult event.

"Iron Man is awesome!" April exclaimed.

      "That's my dad" I watched the screen from the quiet of the Malibu living room, noticing how the crowd was exploding in their seats due to the excitement.

"Why do you say it like that?"

"I don't know" I leaned my head back against the couch and watched the television screen "He's been super busy these past few months. Saving people, bringing peace and all that; being a hero and stuff. Doing this-" I motioned to the TV "It is exciting, yeah, but... it's all he does now"

"Well, he's a super hero. Part of the super hero job" April popped a nugget into her mouth.

"Superhero" I echoed, setting my plate down on the cushion. The word rolled around my brain.

"Are you gonna be a superhero one day" April nudged me lightly.

      "I don't know, I barely know what I'm gonna do tomorrow. Do you gotta go the college for something like that?" I asked her, half paying attention. My focus was fixated on the TV screen.

"Probably, what college did your dad go to?"

"I don't know- Hogwarts?"

"You know, I've never seen Harry Pott- Oh! There he is!" April jumped excitedly and pointed.

      She picked up the remote and turned up the Tv volume even louder, till it was nearly cracking the speakers. Dad had just landed on stage after his long jump down, the dancers in their two piece Iron Man outfits had left the stage. It was painfully awkward to watch the opening, for me at least. Maybe this is why he didn't want me going. I tugged on the blanket that was draped over the couch and pulled it over my lap.

"I'm not saying that the world is enjoying its longest period, of uninterrupted peace in years because of me" Dad started to speak once the crowd had died down. I wrapped my arms around my knees. The crowd in the background started to cheer at his words "I'm not saying that from the ashes of captivity, ever has a greater Phoenix metaphor been personified in human history" Dad spread his arms out, taking in all the screaming fans.

I stuffed a chicken nugget in my mouth as I watched. On the screen behind him, the words Stark Expo lit up glittering stage. My very own last name, love it or hate it "I'm not saying that Uncle Sam, who is kicked back on a lawn chair, sipping on an iced tea because I haven't come across anyone who's man enough to go Toe to Toe with me on my best day!" The crowd jumped around like crazy, a smirk rose up on Dad's face.

April sat next to me, practically bouncing in her seat as she watched "please..." Dad began to talk again "it's not about me" there's a first time for everything "it's not about You, it's not even about us. It's about legacy, it's about what we choose to leave behind for future generations-" he looked directly in the camera at that moment. It felt like he saw me "-and that's why for the next year and for the first time since 1974, the best, the brightest men and women of nations and corporations the world over will pull their researches, share their collective vision, to leave behind a brighter future. It's not about us" He added once again "therefor, what I am saying, if I'm saying anything is 'Welcome Back' to the Stark Expo!"

April cheered loudly beside me along with the crowd in the TV.

"And now" Dad spoke over the thousands of cheering fans "making a special guest appearance from the great beyond" I perked up slightly as he looked towards the screen behind him "please welcome, my Father Howard"

I placed my knuckles on my chin and leaned in towards the Tv. The screen in the Expo roomed changed. It's quality became rather old-fashioned. A man sat on a wooden desk in an office type setting. He was tall with brunette hair and a mustache. Dad was a spitting image of him. My Grandpa "wow" I breathed. This was a surprise for me. I took in his vintage appearance.

"Everything is achievable through technology" He started his video off. I cocked my head to the side, listening to every word he said. It was strange to watch a man I've never met, yet I'm related to him, speak. I wonder what he was like when he was alive. Dad told me that his Father and Mother were killed in a car crash in 1991. Dad was only twenty one when it happened "Better living, robust health, and for the first time in human history, the ability of world peace" He walked over to a table that had some sort of 3D map decorated on it "So from all of us here at Stark Industries, we would personally like to introduce to you the 'city of the future'." The camera panned along the city. It had small little buildings, trees, and even little ponds.

"Man" April sighed "I wish I was there"

"Dad told me it's full of crazy adults in their late twenties. Also some women who try to look overly sexy for my dad. I think he has a thing for Pepper though"

"That red haired assistant lady?"

"Huh uh"

"The Stark Expo" Mt Grandfather stopped and let the camera zoom in on his face "Welcome"

That's when, I felt a wave a sadness flood through me. I would never be able to meet my Grandpa, and he'd never get to me meet me because of the time that separates us. My Father would never get to see his Father ever again. I can't imagine what that's like, and I hope I never do.