A couple of seconds later, it rang again. I sighed deeply and climbed off of bed. I looked down at the floor and saw my purse. I unzipped it and grabbed my phone out of it.

Mom 💖

I hesitated before I slid my finger across the screen. I held the phone up to my ear.

"Hello?" I asked.

"Trinny? Honey?" her soft voice came through the phone.

I cleared my throat.

"Hey, Mom," I said.

"Hey. How are you? I got your text earlier about how you were on your way to meet Jay. You seemed excited, with all of the exclamation points you sent me."

"Yes..I know.." I simply said.

"Well? Was he real??"

I nodded, but then I realized she couldn't see me. "Yes."

I heard her cheer and clap.

"Aww, I'm glad to hear that. Congratulations, Trin!"

"Thanks, Mom," I said.

"Trin..are you okay?"

"Yes, Mom. Why wouldn't I be?" I chuckled softly.

"You sound upset. What happened?"

"Nothing happened. I'm fine."

"You sure?"

"Mhm."

"Well, why don't you tell me how today went, when you met him? I'm sure you both talked."

"We went to a nice park and sat down at a table. A guy approached us at first, and we thought that he was Jay, but the guy only wanted to buy a drink from the machine behind us.."

"Ha! That's embarrassing!" she giggled.

Wasn't the only thing that was embarrassing...

"Yeah. Then, Jay eventually showed up, and I was...happy and umm, we discussed."

"That's all? Where is he now?"

"Back at his apartment, I'm guessing. I'm back at the hotel."

"Trinity, why do you sound like this? It's bothering me."

"Sound like what? I sound completely normal, Mom."

"No, you don't. You just met your boyfriend after 3 years! You should be happy, but you don't sound it. Please, tell me what's wrong."

I couldn't keep this from her. Knowing her, she would keep asking me until I spilled.

I took a deep breath.

"He cheated on me..." I admitted quietly.

I heard a gasp over the phone.