Chapter Sixty-Seven

Start from the beginning

As I walked down the corridors in the general direction of where Nira Leven was located, I realized that I didn't know what to expect. There was a wide range of mental states that Nira could've possibly been in. For all I knew, Nira could've been completely insane. 

I entered the infirmary and stood right inside the doors. Several laboratory scientists and doctors looked up; upon seeing me, a few of them rushed into the back halls. A minute later, Nira was pushed through a door in a wheelchair. 

I withstood the temptation to dash to her and hug her. She looked so frail and afraid. Nira glanced nervously up at doctors and scientists as she passed, but mainly kept her eyes to the ground. When the doctor who pushed her wheelchair finally stopped pushing, she was left two feet in front of me. I could see how strongly her hands were trembling. 

I knew it wasn't the right time to reveal my intense level of adoration for her. 

The doctor who pushed her wheelchair moved to the side. Nira cast her vision away from the doctor. The doctor took a gentle hold of Nira's upper arm in an attempt to help Nira stand up, but Nira winced and yanked her arm away. She still did not look at the doctor. 

I could see the doctor begin to make another endeavor at helping her, but I knew it would not end well for the doctor. 

I held up my palm and used The Force to stop the doctor from touching Nira again. 

"I will take it from here." I stated clearly. I released the doctor from my power. She gave me a terrified look (perhaps she had never had The Force directly applied to her) and hustled back to the group of scientists. 

I then moved so I was directly in front of Nira. She still did not look up at me. 

"Can you stand?" I questioned her quietly. All eyes in the room were on us. 

Nira pressed her lips tightly together and swallowed. She tentatively stood out of the wheelchair and then used her heel to send it careening back towards the flock of scientists. 

"Good." I commented blandly. My words and tone were plain, but on the inside, my heart was throbbing and her warming sensation was strongly radiating through my bones. She had such a powerful, tremendous affect on me. 

As we began making our way back to my cell, both of us were silent. This left me to my thoughts and I came to another realization about Nira's direct influence on me. 

Nira makes me weak. I would go to any length to keep her safe and content. I would give up my organization for her without any second doubting or regret. I would travel to any end of the universe to find her. Nira has done nothing on purpose to make me feel this way. She has never tried to make me feel like I had to do anything for her. The desire to assist Nira comes naturally to me. 

Nira also makes me strong. She makes me more merciless than I already am, because I know that if anyone were to try to harm her at all, I would spare them no compassion. The thought of someone trying to inflict pain on Nira motivates me to keep tabs on every single individual employee and make sure none of them have any disloyal thoughts or actions. She drives me to keep a better watch over my organization.

She makes me the most controversial of leaders. 

We arrived back to the cell very slowly because of Nira's limping. When we walked into the cell, she immediately collapsed on the bed. I removed my mask, set it on the dresser, and ruffled my hair. 

Nira calmly gazed up at me. I removed my cloak and sat on the bed with her. 

"How are you feeling?" I asked quietly. She directed her gaze down at the sheets. I contemplated reaching my hand out and stroking her back. After much hesitation, I did so.