Chapter Three

Bzz. Bzz. Bzz. My phone was ringing.

"Hello?" I answered, without looking at the caller I.D.

"Kiera? I-- can you come over please?" Elena asked.

"Elena?! Yeah I'll--I'll come over right now. Are you crying?" I asked.

"*sniffling* please Kiera, I--I n--need you he--here."

"Okay. Okay. I'm on my way right now. I'll be there in five minutes." I said and hung up.

I got to her and Alex's house and quickly got out the car. I went inside the house, the door was unlocked, and into the living room where i knew she would be.

She was there crying on the couch. A stick in her hands.

I walked over to her.

"What's wrong Elena?" I asked rubbing her back in a comforting way. She handed the stick to me. I then realized what it was. A pregnancy test. Not just any pregnancy test. A positive one. Two very clear pink lines stood out in the little window.

"Oh, Elena. I thought you would be happy about something like this. I mean you're 19-- 20 in two months, and Alex loves you." I told her.

"That's the thing Kiera." She cried.
"Its not his baby."

"What do you mean?" I asked confused.

"The party last month. You were taking care of Jaxon and Alex was working so i went by myself. Rafael kept giving me drinks and i just took them. He wasn't drinking at all and i asked him why, he said he needed to be sober to drive home. I didn't care i just kept drinking. But then he kissed me and i kissed back and one thing led to another and now I'm pregnant." She cried.

No. No no no no no. He wouldn't do that would he? He--he knew we were together and he didn't care? He just went and slept with my best friend.

"I feel like this is partly my fault." I said.

"What? Why?"She asked confused.

"I'm so sorry Elena. I should have told you right when we started. I was waiting for our relationship to be serious enough for me to tell you and i was actually gonna tell you that day but then there was Jaxon. I'm sorry"

"You guys are dating? I'm sorry. I didn't know." She cried again.

"It's okay." I said. I was starting to develop some pretty strong feelings for Rafael but they just vanished when Elena told me she was pregnant with his baby. Not because she is pregnant, but because Rafael knew and if he actually liked me he wouldn't have done that. Although we had only been dating for two months he had already told me he loved me but since i wasn't sure if i loved him i didn't say it back. I didn't think it would bother his so much he would sleep with Elena.

"You have bigger things to worry about like how your gonna tell Alex you're preggo and if you're gonna tell him the wether or not the baby's his." I said, trying to change the subject.

"But--but you guys are gonna break up because of me." She said.

"No we're breaking up because of him."

"Plus i didn't like him that much anyways." Lies.

"Okay." she said.

That same day i texted him.

'i dont want anything to do with you anymore. We're over.' -K