True love at last

Chapter 1

William’s POV

“I don’t want to get married!” I exclaimed to my parents. 

“Don’t raise your voice to mom and dad.” My older brother Chris scolded me. 

“Don’t tell me what to do I’m not a little kid!” I screamed at him. 

“Boys calm down.” My dad, the king, said. 

“Son I’m sorry, but you agreed to this. 

Sixteen years ago we asked you if you’d be willing to get married and you said yes.  Then, you gave your blood to keep this girl alive.”  “I didn’t think you were going to pick a human!” I just walked out of the room then.   My brother and Morgan were just pulling up to the castle by the time I was walking out. 

“Sorry we’re late.” My other older brother Matt said. 

“There was traffic.” Morgan said.  Morgan was my ex and my brother’s girlfriend, but I’ll talk about that later. 

“So what’s the verdict?” Matt asked. 

“I’m getting married to a human ugh.” 

“I’m human!” Morgan snapped. 

“Well who is it?” asked Morgan. 

“She lives in an orphanage, and her name is Victoria.” 

“Wait seriously!” Morgan said happily.

“Know her?” I asked. 

“She’s like my best friend for life!” she exclaimed.  Then, she frowned. 

“What?” Matt asked. 

“Victoria is a little different.” She said hesitantly. 

“What do you mean?” I asked nervously. 

“She’s very quiet, but she has a heart of gold.  She’s like super smart, and…..”  she stopped.

“And what?” Matt and I said at the same time. 

“She’s not over her ex Henry.”  She whispered. 

“Lovely! Just great.” I said sarcastically. 

“Oh I forgot something.” Morgan exclaimed.

  “What more?” I asked exasperated. 

“She can read people with their body language.  Like by the way you arch your back she can tell what your feeling.” 

“Seriously?” I asked hoping she was joking.  She nodded her head. 

“This is going to be interesting.” Matt said laughing. 

Victoria’s POV

I got home to the orphanage.  Yes I said orphanage.  I was left at the hospital when I was born sixteen years ago, so I ended up here.  It was more like a house than an orphanage, and we were like a family.  I was the 2nd oldest next to Mandy, but Mandy acted so immature.  Mrs. Hefelbe was the caretaker, and she treated me like her own daughter.  I went to a private school on scholarship, but I was thinking of switching to a public school so I could get a job.  The orphanage didn’t have much money, and the government was giving less and less.  Mrs. Hefelbe would never let me though.  I decided to start my homework.  I had just taken my calculus book out to start, but the doorbell rang.  “Would you get that?” Mrs. Hefelbe called.  I got up, and went downstairs to answer the door. 

                I was not excepting two nice looking guys at the door. 

“Hello. What do you want?” I asked seriously.  Lovely manners Victoria I thought to myself. 

“We’d like to speak the caretaker.” The older looking one said. 

I led them to her office, and practically ran away because they both made me feel super uncomfortable.  I went back to my room, and proceeded to do my homework not even thinking about the two guys.  About after 2 hours I heard the front door close, and Mrs. Hefelbe called everyone into the living room.  I walked in pretty confused wondering if it had something to do with those guys.

“Is everyone here?” she asked. 

“Mandy isn’t.” Molly said.  Molly was seven, and she was my favoritest person here.

She had a terrible childhood, and I tried very hard to help her. 

“Oh yes she’s on a date with that boyfriend of hers.” Mrs. Hefelbe said. 

“The vampire one?”  someone asked.   That’s something else.  Vampires are known to exist in the world, but the older ones pretty much keep to the vampire world.  A few teenagers venture into the human world and go to regular schools and stuff. They drink human blood, but they don’t kill. Personally, I thought they were very interesting, but most guys were player jerks. 

                Mrs. Hefelbe turned to us and said, “We have found a life sponsor for the orphanage.  They are willing to pay whatever costs we need.”  Everyone happily cheered, except for Mrs. Hefelbe.  I did a, ”read,” on her, and she was sad.  I wondered why.  Everyone started to disperse, and Mrs. Hefelbe told me to stay behind and talk to her in her office.  I nervously followed her. 

“Am I in trouble?” I asked.  She shook her head. 

We finally entered her office, and she shut her door.  “Victoria…… I have to tell you something.”  I nodded.  “Those two young men came here to tell you that they would life sponsor the orphanage as long you married their little brother.”  I felt my eyes come out of my head, and it took me a few minutes to digest this.  “They also told me that you don’t have a choice, and that when you were born they were the people that saved you. “  I nodded again.  When I was born I had this weird sickness, but these pills that I took every day helped me, and I still took them today. 

“Victoria are you all right?” she asked.  I nodded, but I honestly felt super dizzy. 

“I’m going to Morgan’s.” I said.  She nodded. I grabbed the keys, and jumped out my second story window.  I always landed on my feet. 

Morgan was my best friend, and her house was pretty close.  I pulled up into her driveway, and her car wasn’t here.  I decided to call her. 

“Morgan I’m in front of your house.” 

“I’m almost home.  You ok?”  she asked.

“Yep.” I answered.  

“You don’t sound ok.” she argued.  About 15 minutes she pulled up. 

“Why didn’t you let yourself in with the key?” she asked.  I shrugged I considered going into people’s houses when they’re not there rude. 

“It’ s the middle of November and your wearing shorts.” She scolded. 

“I don’t get cold.” I said.

“Still.” She sighed. 

“Here let me grab those bags for you.” I said.  “Thanks.” She called, and let me in. 

After all the bags were put inside I did something I hadn’t done in a long time.