Chapter Sixty-Six

Začít od začátku

I brushed past him and purposefully bumped into him, sending him tripping backwards over his own feet. He nearly went tumbling down the flight of steps again, but caught himself at the last moment. I sneered underneath my mask at his struggle. 

Idiot. 

"Kylo Ren, prepared for takeoff on Starship 8." A woman announced to me as I walked across the dark floor of the hangar. I nodded and continued my way across the metallic flooring.

I walked up the black opened ramp of the ship. The engine was ignited and humming, and several insignificant members of the ship's crew rushed on and off, loading supplies and unloading junk. I took a seat in the control quarters of the small ship. 

I listened to the satisfying low-pitched whish of the back hatch of Starship 8 closing. I knew that we were extremely close to takeoff, but I was still so impatient just to get to Nira already!

Soon enough we were in the air. There was no time available for waste -- within seconds of departure from the base, I had our pilot send us catapulting through space by launching us into hyperspeed. 

I intently listened to the conversations of the pilots, copilots, and crew. Some exchanges were made with other ships from The First Order through an earpiece and some were made between the employees on the ship. 

"TIE Fighter 1, flank on left."

"TIE Fighter 2, flank on left."

"Starship 4, maintain hyperspeed. Do not fall behind." 

"Reaching vicinity of hologram location. Pinpointing location . . . Exact location acquired. Change course for southeast of base."

"Nearing ship that contains Nira Leven."

"Ship is in sight, I repeat, ship is in sight."

"Extending landing dock. We need the landing dock extended." 

"Nira's ship is captured and in quarters. Exterior seems to be in well condition. Planet the ship was derived from seems to be unknown. Document and chart the planet and solar system. Mapping crews should be sent out immediately." 

I then tuned out of the conversations and focused on the most important task at hand -- getting Nira to safety. 

I stood up and walked over to one of the copilots. I bent down and whispered into his ear (through my mechanized voice), "How do I get into Nira's ship? How do I save her? I demand a guard now."

He was petrified with fear due to the sound of my voice so close to him. When I finished speaking and stood back up, the copilot shouted to the rest of the employees on the ship, "Rescue Nira! Someone help Kylo Ren onto her ship! Now! Top priority!"

At the words 'top priority', several people rushed forward and began helping me. They attempted to tug on my arm and lead me somewhere but I yanked my arm away from them -- How dare they thoughtlessly put their hands on me?!

Nevertheless, I allowed some of them to lead me from the control room of the ship to a short hallway, and then onto the open ramp of a second ship -- I was sure that it was Nira's ship who we were walking onto. 

I recognized, from the hologram, a horrid rip in the hatch/ramp of the ship that we were entering. My eyes slowly raked the floor of the ship until they came to rest upon a small, limp body that lay facing away from me. 

"Nira." I breathed out, quiet enough so no one could hear. I then burst forward towards her and knelt on the ground next to her. I rolled her onto her back by gently pulling on her shoulders. 

The warmth sensation that she so heavily emanated washed through me as I got the chance to touch her for the first time in quite a few days; it felt so relieving and I had to contain myself from revealing the incredulous amount of ecstasy that rolled through my body at the pure notion of it.

I then took a short moment to reunite myself with her tremendously exquisite looks. I stared at all of her perfection, from her peaceful countenance in unconsciousness, to the elegant curves of her body, to her metallic and artificial hand, and finally to the missing chunk of hair from the back of her head. 

I couldn't help but wonder how she had lost that significant amount of hair, but I knew that when I woke her up that asking her about it would not be appropriate. 

Her eyes suddenly fluttered open and I froze in my stance. None of the employees that had taken me here were disturbing our rejoining, and I didn't want any of them to put an end to whatever was about to happen. 

Nira gently blinked a few times and then gently shook her head side to side. She glanced around the room with her stunningly gorgeous eyes and finally found my mask. Nira weakly raised her hand up towards me. I could feel a slight applied pressure on the outside of my metal helmet as I watched her fingers make contact. She slowly dragged the tips of her fingers down the side of my smooth helmet, all the while retaining eye contact with me. I was so tempted to rip off my helmet and kiss her passionately as I so hungrily desired. 

I took her relatively small body in both of my arms by hooking one arm under her knees and another behind her upper back. Her head lolled to the side as I carried her back onto The First Order's property. 

The crew of the ship had a stretcher and medical table ready for Nira's arrival. I gently lay her on the table and the doctors that we had brought with us on the rescue mission immediately began working on Nira. 

I felt a severe amount of anxiety. I needed to know if she was going to be okay, or if she would suffer any permanent injuries, or if she was on the proceeding brink of death. I had to know. 

Horribly worried thoughts whirled through my mind as the night went on and the doctors and scientists continued to observe, examine, and prod at Nira. I was getting restless -- I needed an answer, and soon. 

What if we succeeded in rescuing Nira, but she died?

What if she suffered traumatic mental illness because of what her captors had done to her?

What had they done to this flawless being that is undeserving of all of this?!

I forced myself to remain sitting in a seat while the girl I loved was being tampered with only a few feet away. I was not going to wait much longer. 

I had to know if she was going to be alright. 

_____

Author's Note

Sorry it's not the best update, but I've been with a friend and haven't had the time to update until now. Also, I'm super exhausted, so yeah . . . This is not going to be the best chapter. 

Okay, will try to get another update tomorrow. Bye :)