Chapter 24 : Deception and Realization

Start from the beginning

Wolves are extremely protective and nurturing to their young. The wolf inside me was leaving a strong feeling of loneliness and abandonment from my parents actions. I would never dream of doing such a thing to someone else and their mate. It's just painful and causes deep seeded emptiness. I think harder on this subject as I make my way to the living room, the echo of my bare feet slapping onto the hardwood floors resonating strongly through the walls and carrying all around.

When I arrive at the doorway to the living room, I see quite the perplexing sight. My heart leaps and bounds in my chest the very moment my eyes catch on the more then pleasant sight of Gems completely bare back. From what I can tell, her legs are folded as she sits hunched on the large black couch placed in the middle of the room. I can almost feel the drool slipping past my lips as my eyes start their way down her bare neck and the curved frame where the creamy skin of her gorgeous breasts are facing opposite of my vision.

But then, just as fast as it began, my heart almost stops entirely. On the smooth bare skin of my mates back, there are jagged, painful looking, slightly raised scars forming a perfectly symmetrical criss crossing shape. Rugged and pink, but too set and clean to be fresh.

My body temperature shoots through the roof right away. My once still hands, fold into tight fists, begin to tremble violently with the waves of anger crashing through me. At that moment precisely, my mother looks away from her serious conversation with the witch named Kastela and meets my festering gaze. My teeth clenched together to the point of pain. Her dark eyes, identical to mine, go wide like a newborn fawn and just like that she's by my side.

Her hand is dwarfed by my chest as she tries to comfort me. My infuriated shaking makes it hard for her to keep it there. I see red. Noticing my presence, Gem turns around completely. Also putting into my view a white towel being pressed into the junction between her neck and her shoulder. The soft looking fabric splotched with red salty liquid. Blood.

I'm so far gone that the sight of my mates perfect, truly hard-on worthy breasts completely don't register in my mind. I've never felt such a hatred for someone I've never met before in my life. The image of a whip slicing through my mates soft flesh makes bile rise in my throat. How did this happen?

          Kastela seems to know what to do, giving Gem a glance that says something I can't understand. Gem nods in response and walks over to me, the little sway in her hips deathly attractive. I go stiff all over when she presses her body into mine, our bare chests touching. The soft swells of her breasts flush against my much harder chest. Irrefutable heat trapped between our unnaturally hot bodies. Sharp little pleasurable tingles dance everywhere on my skin, and my arms instinctually wrap around her, cocooning her slender body with my own.

          It's unbelievable how well we fit together, like a craftsman would make two form fitting pieces of a puzzle. I could feel all the doubts and suspicions leave my mates body, as she let herself be held the way we were always suppose to be. I know there's not even a sliver of doubt lingering in her mind, we are most definitely life mates. Her smooth skin feels so good under my fingers, I've never felt something so soft and warm.

          Letting my wolf free for a while, I give into my instincts and nuzzle her neck softly. My mouth lightly nipping at her neck in a concerned gesture. She complies, dropping the white towel from her neck and letting my saliva heal her wound. Once both me and my wolf are certain that Gem's neck is healed appropriately, my face brings itself to hers. Soft skin meets more skin as our noses touch gently, it's honestly incredible how little time it took for her to call me down. She comforts me with her stunning multicolored eyes, telling me without words that she's alright.

          My anger has completely faded, leaving a warm fulfilled feeling in its wake. I had gone from inconsolably red with anger, to purring and content in less then a split second. A large majority of me was shocked she could do such a thing, while the other was just glad she did. She stopped a major disaster before it even started.

           Like somehow our little spell was broken, I hear Gems sharp intake of breath before she pulls away sharply. My body and heart miss her absence right at that moment. Her eyes asses me swiftly, checking me up and down unintentionally. Her wolf side is showing, needing to know that her mate is safe and healthy. My wolf purrs with the attention he's receiving from his life partner.

          Once she's satisfied, she crosses her tan arms over her chest, blocking the enticing display from my hungry eyes. " Don't expect that to happen again any time soon, okay? I don't even know what just happened."

        Her voice makes my toes curl in pleasure. Damn that's a great sound. Suddenly a huge grin lights up my face, completely uncontrollable. When my mate had crossed her arms, those wonderful breasts of hers rose on her chest. A beautiful cup of skin all for my view. I couldn't help it, I openly stared. Confusion pulls at her light brows, and she looks down, noticing the objects of my unyielding attention. Those pretty blues get bigger.

                             " God Dammit! "