Epilogue

7 years later...

"So, how was that?" Nick calls through the microphone, and the audience goes wild. I giggle, rolling my eyes.

"Well, I'm going to assume you liked it," he says, then looks at me and smiles.

Nick and I were signed to Def Jam Recordings the year we turned 18, and we started our tour tonight, in Melbourne. It's our third night here, and we head to Sydney in two days, before travelling the rest of Australia and then to Germany.

"So, this is our third night here," Nick says, and I strum a few chords quietly on my guitar.

"And Melbourne is by far my favourite city we've been to on this tour," the audience laughs at this. I roll my eyes.

"So I'm quite upset that we are leaving our home in two days," he says, and I pout at him. We had gone through this part of our performance so many times, and Nick introduces our last song right now, and then we head off stage and go back to the dressing room before heading to meet and greet.

"Now, I have a question for my princess over here," Nick says, standing up from his chair and walking over to me, taking my guitar off me. I stare at him, shocked.

"Nick, why are you taking my guitar away? You do realize we are in the middle of a concert," I say, and the audience chuckles at this.

"Oh, princess I know that, but I need to use this one," he says, and I raise an eyebrow.

"You can ask questions later," he says, then turns back to the audience. I stay seated in my chair, crossing my arms over my chest. Nick has done something impromptu for the past two nights, whether it's telling a story or making the audience do a dance or something.

"Melbourne, the city where I lived for most of my life. I met Charlie here. I mean, it wasn't too hard, since I lived next door to her," he says, then winks at me, strumming out a couple of chords. I smile.

"Princess, back to my question, do you mind if I sing a song right now?" Nick asks, and I gesture for him to take the stage.

"Now, Charlie and I had a rocky relationship during year 11. She hated me, I was kind of in love with her," the audience lets out a collective 'awww', "And it took about 6 months for me to actually ask her out," he says, plucking a few chords I recognize, but I can't quite work out the song.

He turns around to face Bill, our bass player, and nods at him, before Bill starts plucking out a tune, and I instantly recognize it. After about two bars, Nick starts plucking on his guitar, then walks over to his microphone stand and starts singing.

I've got sunshine on a cloudy day,

When it's cold outside, I've got the month of May

I guess, you'd say,

What can make me feel this way?

The audience starts cheering and clapping, and I look up to see the very same video Jane and Sebastian put together all those years ago, playing up on the projector. However, more videos have been added, and photos. There's a video of me playing the guitar, and Nick is behind the camera:

"Princess, I want pizza,"

"That's great Nick,"

"Can you get me a pizza?"

I look up at him and glare.

"I'm trying to make another song," I say, turning back to the guitar.

"Hey princess?"

"Mmm?"

"I love you,"

"I love you too, now go get a pizza while I finish this,"

Nick finishes the chorus, and the crowd is going ballistic, and by this time tears have come to my eyes.

I've got so much honey,

The bees envy me

I've got a sweeter song

Than the birds in the trees

Another video comes up of me dancing in the car, and Nick is laughing. I role down the window and yell the song lyrics out to the people in the street. It was the first time one of our songs was on the radio, and I had freaked out.

I turn around and notice Nick is videoing, and I shove my hand in the camera lense to block his view.

My girl,

Talking 'bout, my girl

More photos pop up, and I'm sitting in my seat, crying. Nick has gotten the audience to stand up and sing along, and a couple people have their flashlights out.

I don't need no money, fortune or fame,

I've got all the riches baby,

One man can claim

There's a photo of me smearing chocolate icing on Nick's nose, taken by Jane, and then a photo comes up of me and Nick at a water park, and him catapulting me into the pool.

He finishes up the song, and hands his guitar to Bill, then turns and starts walking over to me. The crowd's cheer is deafening, and it reminds me of the cheer just after Nick had sung to me 7 years ago.

He stands in front of me, then gives me his hand, and I take it, standing up. Nick lets go of my hand, then puts his right hand in his back pocket.

"Princess, I love you," he says, and I smile. I whisper out those three little words, as I can't even get any sound out, I'm too astonished. Nick then gets on his knee, and I put my hands up to my mouth.

The audience goes ballistic.

"Charlotte Mia Johnson, will you marry me?"