Chapter 28 - Hun

___

Sorry guys. I completly forgot about uploading yesterday. I'm really sorry. I will start to upload regularly again.

___

___

Joes POV

___

"ZOE!" I say picking the hospital bag from the corridor. "I DON'T KNOW WHAT I'M DOING!"

"Joe. I. Need. The. Hospital." She breathed at me holding her large belly.

"Ok, Okay. Yeah, Okay." I say pulling open the front door and swinging the passenger car door open. I throw the hospital bag into the back before running back into the house tripping on a plant pot on the way.

"Joe you need to get Layla too." Zoe says bending over slightly rubbing her lower back. "I'll get in the car and call the ambulance. I'll be fine." I nod and run up the stairs. I tiptoe into Layla's room. She's still fast asleep. Good. I Scoop her up and flop her over my shoulder. She curls into my shirt, grasping it in her small hands. Quickly, I pick up her nappy bag and put a change of outfits in before slinging it over my other shoulder. I rush into mine and Zoë's room picking up a coat and blankets for Zoe.

I walk down the stairs and slam the door shut behind me. Zoe opens the door again and shuffles out to help me.

"Zoe you don't need to help me." I say throwing the coat in the back before walking round and throwing the rest into the car and strapping her into the car seat.

"Joe. I want to help!" Zoe says pulling the blanket forward to wrap around her.

"Its fine. Did you call the hospital?" I ask fumbling with the keys. I start the car and it growls into action.

"Yeah. They said we need to get there soon. Because she's early. Oh god. Was it my fault? What if she's hurt? Or worse. Oh god Joe!" She says as another contraction comes.

"Zoe. You need to calm down. I'm sure the baby is ok. You just don't want to go into a panic attack." I say trying to concentrate on the busy road.

"Joe you're not very calming!" She says breathing through the contractions.

___

At The Hospital

___

I pulled up to the hospital and immediately parked the car. I jumped out and pulled Layla from her car seat and sat her in Zoes foot well. I ran to the hospital

"I need help!" I shouted at the receptionist. She ran out after me with a wheel chair. We got Zoe into the wheelchair before I grabbed Layla, the bags and the blanket and followed them. I found Zoe being sat down in a room and I ran to it but was stopped.

"Excuse me. You can't go in there!" She says standing in my way. I glanced over her shoulder. Zoe way laying there, face scrunched up in pain as they jabbed her with needles.

"She's my sister!" I say trying to step around her. She steps in front of me again.

"NO! I'm sorry sir. You're going to have to either leave or sit down over there." She said gesturing over to the chairs by the door. I stay silent and sit down. Layla opened her eyes as I sat down.

"Hello sweetheart." I say sitting her up on my lap.

"Dada." She says grabbing at the air in front of us.

"No sweetie. We have to stay here," I say sitting her on the next chair and pulling a blanket round her. "Auntie Zoe is having a baby Hun. She'll be ok."