Chapter 12 - A & E

___

Joe's POV

___

I ran to Layla. I didn't want her to die, that was all that was going through my head. I pushed open the door and the sight, oh the sight.

"Oh my god!" I whispered, "What happened?"

Layla was laying in her crib barely breathing, covered in sick and bits of blood. Niomi was stood over her watching her.

"Joe. You can't even look after a baby!" She shouts at me. I ignore it panicking and quickly pulled a handful of clothes from the wardrobe, a few hats scarves and gloves. I shoved them down my shirt and quickly lifted Layla up into my chest.

"Shh Shh," I sooth her as I walk down the stairs, "Louise, Jim, Oli anyone please start the car and drive us to A & E"

Louise is the first up quickly followed by Oli and Jim.

"Joe, What happened!"Louise questions slowly getting her shoes on

"It can wait! Hurry up!" I yell.

I unlocked the car and slid in the back behind the drivers seat. Layla's breath was slow and I could barley feel it on my chest. Oli came to the car next.

"Oli put the car seat in the house quickly we need to go now!" I call

Louise sits in the back with me and Jim gets in the drivers seat. Niomi and Oli ran out next. Niomi in the front and Oli next to Louise. I lay Layla down on my knees and pull her clothes down. I put her in a new one as Louise took the dirty one and put it in a plastic bag.

"Well, we can't just sit here. Go!" I cry

The car jerks forwards as Jim gets to know the controls of the car. We sit in silence for around 10 minuets all of us in our own thoughts. All I could think was she could die. Why did I just leave her?

"Why are we just sat in silence," Louise broke the silence, "I think she will be fine, You should calm down Joe."

I stay silent as everyone else adds their views.

Niomi looks at me with angry eyes and stares daggers at me"Joe your so stupid"

"You should thank me, and pay me! I got your dog in and you to actually move and then your kid is practically dead!" Oli yells not even looking at me.

I try and block them all out.

"We need to get to the hospital Jim. Go faster!"

"Joe is can't we will pulled over! I'm already pushing the speed limit!" Jim replies.

We all fall back into the deafening silence. I watch all the cars speeding past, well our car speeding past. We zoom past on the motorway and I scan each car as fast as I can. I notice the different colors and the people inside. I can't see much anymore, I start to zone out. I don't know how.

___

Zoe's POV

___

I woke up again to vomiting over the floor. I see no new food or clothes by the door. I've been in this dress for 10 days. Alfie has came in loads, sometimes he just watches me, sometimes he yells at me. But most of the time, he throw things. I stand up and I can't see Nala or her puppies anywhere. Maybe in the bathroom. I stumble to the bathroom and pee before leaving again. They aren't there. I ache from head to toe from sleeping on the floor all the time. I walk weakly over to the door and twist the door handle. Surprisingly it was unlocked. I fall as I wasn't expecting it to open. I stay lying on the floor scared Alfie would hear. I close the door behind me so it looks like I'm still there. I walk down the stairs and hear noises like Nala from one of the guest bedrooms.

I slowly open the door to find Alfie locked lips with a brown haired girl. I quickly and quietly close the door again and run upstairs. A phone is ringing in the attic so I run on my tip toes to it. It was my phone. It was my dad.

"Hello?" I whisper

"Zoe, can you please come to the London hospital. It's Joe, Layla, Jim, Louise, Oli and Niomi."

"What?"

"Layla's ill, really ill, they were in a crash on the way to the hospital."

"Oh God. I can't get there. Can you maybe pick me up at the park near my house?"

"But your car, Zoe"

"I can't drive. Please dad."

"40 minutes Zoe."

"Thank you"

I put the phone in my pocke6t and find a whole wardrobe of clothes. I pulled out some leggings and a big jumper. I pull it on and sneak out again. I walk down the stairs past the guest room. I go to open the door but its locked. I tried the back door too. This was open. I run around the front with the phone in my pocket and run all the way to the park. I sit on the bench. I let everything seep in. It's all gone bad.