Chapter 15 - Home

___

Joes POV

___

I woke up to shouting, "ZOE! HElP! SOMEONE HELP ME!" I recognised that voice. I opened my eyes to be blinded by bright white hospital lights. I closed them quickly to only hear loud footsteps and a loud crash of doors. I opened my eyes and saw about 4 nurses and 2 doctors gathered round the next bed.

"You need to leave sir please" I heard someone say before a reply was shouted back

"No! My daughter is pregnant she needs help. You need to help her! She can't die!" I now realise where I recognised the voice from. It was my dad.

"Can you leave now we need to get her to theatre now."

"We can't do anything before you leave sir" I hear one doctor say before turning some buttons on the machine next to the bed.

"Can we have some space please and sir you really need to leave." I swing my legs out of the bed and stumble over to the large group to find my dad. He had tears running down his face and as soon as I saw him I ran to him pushing people out the way.

"He's with me." I say looking up to him before pulling him into a hug. I manage to pull him back over to my bed and sit him down. We sit in each other's company. I don't bother looking who it is seeing as it was probably Niomi. Even if she was the mother to my child, she was going to take her. Before long most of the nurses have left and only a few doctors are left. I look up as they leave and see Zoe laid down looking even paler and slightly blue.

___

Two Days Later

___

Joes POV

___

I picked up dads and mine bag before throwing them into my car. Dad then came round the corner and threw Zoe's and Layla's bag in as well. A nurse then wheeled Zoe out and helped her get into the car and another nurse came and handed my Layla all clean in her car seat. They were letting us go home after Zoe had healed from her small operation. Layla had recovered fine and I, Well I still hurt a bit and I felt uneasy about driving in the car, but I knew I had to get over my fear sooner or later. I strapped Layla's car seat into the back and jogged round the car before slipping in the other side. Zoe and my Dad were in the front, Dad was driving us home.

"So, are we ready guys?" Dad asks turning round. He looked a lot better. He had a shower and cleaned himself up while I stayed with Zoe (Dad didn't want to leave her alone) and we played back some YouTube videos. Zoe did cry a bit when a video with Alfie came up. I still don't think she has realised that she is gonna be having his kid. You can't see a bump or anything. But then all she's been wearing are hoodies and lose tops.

"Yeah. Do you need a postcode or anything because you haven't been here before? I ask quickly grabbing for my phone. I hope I have it written down, I don't remember it. Why don't I remember my own house? Think it was...three bedrooms........very small, two bathrooms and a garden... and it was me...and Layla and Liz.

"Nah. I've got it here Joe your fine" Zoe says also turning around. She had got all the colour back into her cheeks and she was looking a lot healthier now she was better. I'm sure she will be so much better and livelier once we get home.

___

10 minutes later

___

We got home and I gave them both a tour of the house, finding Liz in the bath. We sat down and discussed who would sleep where and decided that Zoe would sleep downstairs on the sofa because she's in a wheelchair currently and I would go in the master and Dad would be in the tiny box room. I could tell this was going to be fun and difficult.