Chapter 5 - Arugments

____

A/N

____

I don't really have a good excuse for not posing for a while but I will start posting more cause I'm going up north for a week. I am also sorry for leaving for a month.

____

3 Month Later

____

Joe's POV

____

I woke up to the horrible screeching noise also known as a phone alarm. I grasped my phone and turned off the alarm. No one else was awake seeing as it was 7:30 and Layla has been really good at sleeping through the night. I swing my legs off the bed and fling the covers back. The gentle noise of Nala pawing at Zoe and Alfie's door and Layla quietly gurgled filled the hallway. I step out onto the hallway closing my door behind me.

"Nala go away!" I hear Zoe shout through the door. As Nala sulks off back down stairs to nurse her pups. She has 3, one a black color just like her and two more a light brown colored.

"Morning Zoe" I yell back through her door. I stumble down the stairs after Nala and knock on their door before entering.

"Joe!" Zoe squeals shuffling down further into bed covering herself. Alfie was also awake but facing away from me.

"What Zoe?" Alfie mumbles

"The covers Alf!" Zoe says before nodding down to the bed. Alfie suddenly realizes and pulls the covers up to his chest.

"Joe get out!" Alfie shouts. I knew he meant it. I sent a hurt in their general direction before leaving the room and closing the door behind me. As I leave I hear Zoe yelling at Alfie and I feel bad. I walk back upstairs and open Layla's door. We recently decorated the room for her before she got too old for the Moses basket. I defiantly want to be moved out before shes 1.

She is laid her in crib in a cute 'daddy's girl' tee shirt and a nappy. She kicks her legs in the air one after the other mimicking a running action. I run my hand through my hair before lifting Layla into my shoulder and sitting on the pink plastic rocking chair. I rock with her backwards and forwards enjoying the company of someone who appreciates me. I snap back out of my day dream of one day owning my own flat with Layla and a nice girl. I walk into my room and lay Layla on my messy bed before grabbing my phone and a dummy.

"Layla should we should we go get breakfast? I think we should meet Mummy in town and get something to say sorry to auntie Zoe and uncle Alfie. We should go get you dressed."

I tapped Niamh's number into my phone and called it. Seconds later her voice bounced around the room.

"Joe?" She asked

"Yeah....Hey Niamh..... So I was thinking Layla's a bit older now so why don't we meet up for breakfast and you can see her and if you want you can see where we are gonna be staying, as a family. All that jazz..... But if your busy I understand" I reply. I don't know why I'm so nervous.

"Yes Joe, I would love to have breakfast with you and Layla. How about Sussex Slice at 9?"

"That would be amazing! Thank you Niamh!"

"I should be the one saying thank you for letting me see her."

"Well..... Bye"

"See You Soon Joe!" She was always so cheerful

I changed Layla into a cute dress with a denim torso then a flowery skirt. I slid a matching fabric nappy under the skirt. I brush her small amount of hair and slide a bow onto her head much to her hatred of anything on her head.

I sat on the sofa next to Layla who was sat next to me and gurgling in between putting her hands over her mouth. She puts her hand up in the air and I mimic her. She then slowly moves her chubby hands down to her head before slipping the bow off and handing it to me. I laugh and put it onto the sofa. If anyone can make me always laugh it's Layla.

"Well Alfie if you hadn't yelled at him he wouldn't had left would he? Now we've got the baby all day!" Zoe and Alfie were still arguing so I got up, putting Layla into her playpen and gave Nala her breakfast before hearing a reply from Alfie

"Well Zoe! Why don't we get rid of the problem and kick Joe out. i cant stand him any more and neither can you. All that baby does is cry and whinge and poo!" I can feel Zoe nod and it kills me. I sigh knowing the truth. I haven't told Zoe or Alfie yet but I've rented a house and I'm slowly furnishing it.

"Alf..... Joe and the baby's gone!" Zoe cries

"I'm sorry Zoe, I didn't mean to."

"The baby has a name you know" I say aloud.

"Joe?" They say in union.

I slip my phone into my back pocket before lifting Layla out the playpen and putting her into the pushchair. They both come running down the stairs Alfie in front of Zoe. As soon as I put her in the pushchair. Alfie spins me round before engulfing me in a hug. I force myself out of it and Zoe tries to hug me too.

"Stop! OK?" I say louder than anticipated "I heard it all. Save it for later. 'Kick him out, Get rid of the problem' so I'm going! OK? I've got a place all I need is Layla's stuff then I'm going." Zoe bursts into tears.

"I think that's best Joe" Alfie say bringing Zoe closer towards him.

"No Alfie! Joe is my brother I want him here. Please don't leave!" Zoe says pushing her self into my arms. "I'll come live with you Joe! I'll sleep on the sofa! The floor! Please don't leave"

"Zoe I just.. Uh.. you can stay with me for a week, but you need to stay with Alfie." I say purposely leaving Alfie out of this conversation.

"Lets do it. Let me get Layla's stuff and a bag for me then we can go."

"I'm actually meeting someone at 9. I'll drive there now then I can come back then walk to the house?"

"A house? Didn't think you had enough money Joe." Alfie slides in his sly remarks.

"I'll ignore that comment."I say detaching the chair from the frame before shoving the frame at Zoe to fold up. I grab the keys to my black Ford Estate.