This Bites

Jacbo and I ran to the town dodgeing in and out of cover. We stop at the main square, glared around. 

"Looks like you been lying to us. You do have the boy we are looking for. And don't you dare tell us you didn't know. He been slighted by your feance! We gave you pictures of him, I'm sure you have seen him before!" A Man who looks to be the man in command yelled at Jacbo father.

Jacbo father has always been cold to Jacbo. I don't know why, I think it family issues.  Jacbo tensed. Jacbo was right this is bigger than ever before. They come give us a warming, look around and their gone. But never ever before did they round us up and point their guns at our childern. 

"Come on." I whispered, pulling Jacbo to the chicken shed. "We have to run across you the clearing. Ready?" I got up without his reply and ran for it. I heard them shouting and shooting, damn they saw us. I should have think about this. I slammed the door behind Jacbo and locked it. They blam on the door.

"Open up! We saw you in there! Open up or we blow this shed up!" A voice said behind the door. I run over to the end and began to dig.

"What are you doing?!" Jacbo cired!

"Our dads dig this tunnel for a quick escape. Help me dig!" I reply back calmy.

"What about everyone else?" He ask.

" They'll be fined, as long they behave. Now help!" Instead of helping me, he open the back windows and let the chickens run out.

"What are you doing? Help!"  I scream at him. The banging on the door increased.

"If they are going to blow this up, I might  as well save the chickens!" He run over to help me dig, "Lets just escape through the windows!"

"I bet you our lives they have this place circled." Opening the the door under the dirt. "Now lets go!"

We ran down the tunnel, untill I felt a sharp pain through my leg. I felled over.

"I been shot!" I cired, Jacbo stop and turn around. How? How did I not feel the pain before? I looked over to Jacbo. "Are you shot?"

He shooked his head.

"But I was ahead of you, how did they not to get you?" I cired.

He stayed slient.

"Jacbo?!"

Jacbo POV

"Jacbo?!" Nicky cired.

Because they want me alive.

"I must be lucky then." I lied.

"I thought I wsa the lucky one?" She laugh but stop whimpering in pain. I pick her up over my shoulder and coutined down the tunnel. When we finally reach the end of the tunnel, Nicky blood was already staining my clothes. I open the door to a lake. Water was pretty rare, I didn't even take note of whats around me. I place Nicky down and begin to wash her wounds. Untill I heard of the sound of a gun click. I turn with gun pointing at us.

We are so dead.