Chapter 10: Breakthrough

It was now September 30, 2015 and it's been a few days since my mom probably saw Kyle and I kissing. If she did, she never said anything about it. For some reason I think that she knows about us and I can't just ignore the fact that she probably saw us and isn't saying anything. My mom deserves to know about me. She deseves to know everything about Kyle and I. My mom should be coming home from work soon. My mom is a nurse for the elderly at the Hospital of Emerald, so i can see why she's always tired. So today this morning I decided to tell my mom about me, and to be honest i'm not really that scared. I'm nervous but not scared. I just feel that my mom would understand me and support me, but you never know what could happen. I wanted Hazel to be there with me when I came out. Another reason I'm not scared is because if Hazel can except me then my mom can because kids learn from their parents and my mom never tought Hazel and I that homosexuality was wrong, but my dad on the other hand, I dont know.

I just got home from school and my mom was already home. Looks like she got off work early. I walked inside my house and I dont see my mom anywhere. I looked in all the major areas in my house and she was nowhere to be found. I then went upstairs in her room and i heard crying from the bathroom. I walked slowly into the restroom and I was very hesitant in case there was a surprise. I finally stepped in and it was my mom. She was on the floor crying with her mascara running from her eyes and a bottle of drugs in her hand. I was so shocked and when i saw the pills my first instict were to take them from her hand which I did. I sat the pills on the bathroom counter and helped her up. She took a deep breath and exhaled, " I'm so sorry", she said.

Me: Mom. Did you take any of those pills?

Danielle: No, No I did not, she said breathing heavily.

Me: Mom. Why would you do something like that.

Danielle: I'm so sorry but I really need those pills to end everything.

Me: No. You have everything to live for.

Danielle: The world would be better without me in it.

Me: What makes you think that?

Danielle: JUST GIVE ME THE PILLS!!!! ( SHE SCREAMED)

I couldn't let her take those pills but she was stronger than I was so it was difficult for me to keep them from her. I had the pills in my hand and as my mom grabbed them they were slipping out of my hand. I needed her to stop I needed something to surprise her so she could stop, then I had an idea....

Me: I'M GAY!! I yelled.

Danielle:Wha---

Me: I didn't stutter

Out of nowhere Hazel enters the bathroom.

Hazel: Did I miss anything?.......

It was now 6:00 and my mom, Hazel, and I talked for a while and my mom supported me very much about my sexuality. I told her about Kyle and everything. Well not about the football players.
I was really upset that my mom was depressed and I did nothing about it. I wanted her to fell better so I took out my phone

............

Kyle: Hiii!

Me: Meet me at the arcade and bowling alley.

Kyle: Sure. What time?

Me: 7:30 and Kayla, my mom, and Hazel will also be there.

Kyle: Okay I'll be there.

I was taking my mom to the bowling alley so she could have some fun and live instead of being depressed all the time. I told my mom about what we were doing and she was so excited.

We arrived at the alley and Kayla and Kyle were already there. We got prepared for one of the best best nights of our lives. While we were there we played in the arcade, did Lazer tag which Kayla won because since she was so thin she was a hard target to shoot.
We also bowled a little which was a tie between my mom and Kyle.
Tonight I felt young even though I am still young but the best part was seeing my mom being so happy and youthful like she once was. Kayla and Kyle were getting to know each other and everyone wanted to know about my boyfriend. It was kind of funny when everyone would get on him if he hurt me but he was so cute and innocent.
We ate, made jokes, and I beat Kyle's ass at Lazer tag, But tonight was one of those milestone moments in life because we all learned something. Life is to short to do nothing, and tonight we lived. TONIGHT, WE WERE YOUNG.