Chapter 5: Beginnings

It was Tuesday morning and I felt a lot better than yesterday. I'm scared to go to school today because yesterday was something I've never experienced before. The football players had never done anything to me before, but they like to mess with other students, and I've never done anything to them and I wondered why would they mess with me. Those football players are gonna pay for what they've done, but I have no plans right now as to how I'm gonna take them down. I asked Hazel if she could take me to school today and she was ok with that. I called Kayla and told her that I was not getting on the bus today. I got into Hazel's car and she drove me to school. I got out of the car in fear and I stood outside of the school waiting on Kayla. I saw Kayla as she got off the bus. She seemed very happy to se me as always. She was very relieved to see that I was okay. We grabbed our stuff and walked into homeroom. We sat down at our desk and Kayla seemed a little off.

     Kayla kept staring at something or someone and I didn't know what it was. I started to look in the direction she was looking in and she was staring at the new boy we saw yesterday across the street from my house. This went on for like thirty seconds. I asked her why was she staring at him and she stuttered like she couldn't explain it. She then said, " I feel like I've known him for a long time. I see him in my dreams almost every night." I had no words for what she just told me, but I felt that Kayla could be right about the new guy. I didn't know what to think about her thoughts. The morning announcements came on and all I can hear was how the school was holding football tryouts tomorrow after school. Like, honestly, this school doesn't need anymore jerks. When boys join the football team its like they turn evil or something, like they are Marcus' property when they join. The announcements went off and now the teacher began to yell at the class. She wanted to get our attention and she introduced the new boy to the class. She said, " Okay class, now as you all know we like to be kind and respectful to our fellow classmates. We have a new student in the class and his name is Kyle." 

Me: Kyle! So that's his name.

     He seemed very nervous to be in front of people he never met before. Now I was not ready for what was about to happen next. The teacher asked me to give Kyle a private tour of the school and without thinking I said yes. I was nervous to give him a private tour because I am socially awkward, like I can not start a conversation with someone I've never met before.. Kyle and I walked out of the classroom and started to walk. I was very nervous and I couldn't say anything!. Kyle then began to speak:

 Kyle: You look very familiar. I think I've seen you before.

Me: Ya. I live across the street from you.

Kyle: Oh ya. I saw you and a girl walking across the street yesterday.

Me: Yep, that was us.

Kyle: So is she your girlfriend?

Me: Who? Kayla?

Kyle: If that's the girl who was walking with you yesterday.

Me: No! Not at all. She's my best friend. Why do you ask?

Kyle: Oh, no reason really. She's always staring at me and I feel connected to her in a way. Is that weird?

Me: I honestly don't know what's weird and what isn't. So do you like Kayla?

Kyle: No, I don't.

Me: Oh

      Kyle was very cool and nice. We entered the cafeteria, the office, the gym , the auditorium, and we also walked outside to show him the outside campus. We started to have more conversation as we walked back to class that was almost over. 

Me: Can I see your schedule if you don't mind?

Kyle: Sure.

     *I looked over his schedule*

Me: Ok we have most of our classes together, which means you shouldn't have trouble getting around. 

Kyle: Wow. Thanks. You really don't have to help me. 

Me: No, I want to. I try to be as nice as I can. 

Kyle: Oh, I'm sorry I didn't get your name.

Me: It's Danny.

       The bell rang for second period. 

Kyle: So I'll see you around, Danny?

Me: I guess you will considering we live across the street from each other, ride the same bus, and take most classes together.

      *He laughed*

Kyle: You're funny. It was nice meeting you.

Me: You too. 

Kyle: Bye!

Me: Bye!

        We both went into different  science classrooms and  I met up with  Kayla. She asked me about Kyle. 

Kayla: So how did it go with the new boy? *She said excitedly*

Me: He was cool and he was nice.  * I blushed*

Kayla: You like him, don't you?

Me: Maybe I do, maybe I don't, I don't know.