Chapter 4: Kyle

Kayla and I were in my room and she tried to comfort me from all the pain I suffered from those football players. I wanted to kill them, I wanted them dead. I was slowly healing. Kayla kept arguing with me over how I have to tell my mom what happened. I specifically told her not to tell Danielle, but she thinks otherwise. She really thought I should tell her but eventually she agreed with me about not telling her. My mom was already stressed from responsibilities at home and work,  and my dad not being here to help. I didn't want to give her more things to worry about. I was still in pain and I asked Kayla if she wanted to go for a walk to forget about everything that has happened for a while.

     Kayla and I walked outside and Hazel drove into the driveway and greeted us. She got out of her car and whispered in my ear. She said, " Does Kayla know about you"? I replied, "Yes" , and Kayla and I started to walk. The house that was diagonal from mine had a movers truck in the driveway. There was a masculine man in the truck and a teenage boy that came out of the front door. For some reason the teenage boy reminded me of Kayla. He had golden hair, light skin and he was a little taller than I am. He glanced over at me and we held eye contact for like two seconds. The guy also had Kayla's  attention and she could not keep her eyes off him. I snapped my fingers in her face and she got surprised and looked over at me. I asked her, " What was that?" She said that she felt a connection between the guy and her. She said it wasn't a romantic connection but it was something stronger. I started to think she was crazy or she didn't know what she was talking about. 

      The guy walked up to the man in the truck and the man was drinking something from a bottle. Kayla and I could tell he was drunk. The man was yelling at the teenage guy and he demanded him to  take the furniture in the house. Kayla and I didn't want to be in their business so we kept walking. She asked me what I thought about the new boy in the neighbourhood and I said, " He's attractive and all, but I doubt that he's gay or bisexual. "

      Kayla and I made it back to my house and my mom was home from work. She walked me inside and we began talking some more. She explained to me that her parents aren't ready for her to meet her birth parents. She asked me if I could help her find them on her own and I replied, " If I ever have time to, I will." Her parents called her and asked her to come home. Kayla said she would text me when she got home. She hugged me and then she left. I started to think where would I be without Kayla. She is so generous, kind, and caring. My mom and Hazel made dinner, which I barely ate. I then went back to my room and I was still in a little pain so I decided to sleep it off.