Chapter 2

Serena's POV

"Mom, did you see my toothbrush?!"

"Honey you yourself put it in last night" says my mom.

Of course, now I remember. I get ready as my mom makes breakfast. The smell of pancakes literally pulls me from the shower as I hurriedly wear my clothes and rush down. I gulp the honey coated pancakes while my mom goes out and starts the car. All my stuff is already in. I grab my pokeballs and push my cell in the little pocket and lock the door. I give it a final tug and rush towards the car. I pet Rhyhorn once and I jump in.

It takes 30 minutes from my home in Vaniville Town to reach Professor Sycamore's Lab located in Lumiose City. I put both my pokeballs in my bag and wait with utmost anticipation. We have reached Lumiose City. Professor's lab is just around the corner. I see tons of teenage kids standing near a couple of buses. I spot my friends Iris, Dawn and Misty huddled in a corner. May must be late as usual. My mom puts my stuff on the sidewalk and gives me a final peck and whisper," Be safe, honey." I smile at my mom as she drives away. I drag my stuff to my friends as I see the boys. I hear Barry saying," I know you like Dawn, Paul. Admit it already!" I giggle and meet up with the rest. They were freaking about living with strangers for a whole month. Dawn then says," What if there are 2 double beds?"

"I'm gonna sleep on the roof and under the stars anyway. I don't care even if they throw us mats!"

Typical Iris. She was quite independent. May comes rushing towards us and waving her arms. She stands next to us, panting when her little brother Max came and handed her a phone, bag, pokeballs and whispered something in her ear. We all laugh, knowing May always forgets her stuff.  We then see Professor Sycamore come out of the lab along with a lab assistant. He then says,"Everyone to the bus!" We all rush and manage to grab the last two rows of the first bus. Dawn sits with Kenny while Clemont, Barry and I grab the 3 seater. Misty, Iris, Kenny, Drew, and May grab the last row. Barry is the most energetic out of all of us. Not energetic though, he is hyperactive. He starts singing in excitement while all of us sigh.
Barry though is very good with Pokemon battles. Misty then says," Clemont please use your aipom arm to throw him out." I giggle a little. Clemont is an inventor. He is the most hardworking of us all. He is always studying and experimenting, but his inventions seldom work. Sometimes I feel very sad for him. He runs the Lumiose City Gym, with his sister Bonnie. He takes very good care of her. He specialises in Electric Types and can beat almost anybody in a battle. Paul came here to compete in the Kalos league and beat him to win the badge. Paul is the best in battle. He usually doesn't give a damn about anything. He is shrewd to some extent and is always looking to get the best out of everything without much effort. That is why he only catches Pokemon which are strong so he doesn't have much labour work to do. But he does care for them just as much as Barry does. Barry is came to Kalos just like Paul a while back. When we met him, we knew we were in for a tough time. It took him to 2 minutes to penalise most of us for something or the other. H cracks jokes often, and is quite funny. He is also pretty competitive. He likes to battle though he couldn't beat Clembot for the badge.
My best friend is Dawn. She is my age and we are similar to some extent. She loves Pokemon just like me. Her partner is Piplup, a Sinnoh region water type starter. She is Pokemon Coordinator and participated in a lot of contests there. She came here with Kenny. She knew Paul and Barry as she saw them compete in the Lily of the Valley aka Sinnoh League Conference. Kenny is a Pokemon coordinator just like her. He is very competitive and is always teasing Dawn. He is very friendly with Drew who is also a Pokemon coordinator. He is from the Hoenn region and his partner is Roserade. He thinks he is the best and shows of all the time. He also flicks his hair back from time to time and I have seen May smiling whenever he does it. May came with him to the Kalos region so that they could enter the contest here. They are also Pokemon coordinators.

We all met last month at a contest. Drew, May, Dawn and Kenny were competing. Halfway done, there was a blast backstage. Clemont, Bonnie and I hurried there and saw a Seviper and Cacnea thrashing the place. Before any of us could do anything, a girl with flaming orange hair arrived and sent them both flying using a Poliwhirl. We then got introduced to Misty, and she told us that those Pokemon belonged to an evil group Team Rocket. We met up later and we have been chilling since then. Barry and Paul knew Dawn. That when we decided to do something fun during the summer, and their training camp came up. Misty is quite tomboyish and is always angry. She is a water type expert and taught Dawn's Piplup to use Whirlpool.

I was finally about to drift off to sleep when we reached the camp. Perfect timing, as usual. Professor Sycamore then use his megaphone to tell us to go to the Amphitheatre. He told us that we could leave our luggage in the bus. The Machoke would deliver it to us in our cabins. I never knew the camp was seaside. Nice! Professor Sycamore along with......Wait! Is that Professor Oak?!

Yep it sure was. I had once gone to Professor Oak's summer camp when I was a kid. It was a well uhmmm.....

Anyway so then he started," Greeting Pokemon trainers! I humbly welcome you all to this camp! I hope it will be a good experience for you. Now, the month will be divided into 4 activities, one for each week, on a particular theme. The weekends would be off days, but we will be having activities during the nighttime. Furthermore, this is Professor Oak. He has com all the way from the Kanto to assist me with some research and he will also help out with the proceedings.

You all will be arranged into teams of 4, and you will do all your activities together and stay in your cabin. Kindly visit the notice board behind the amphitheater to check out which team you are on. Today will be a rest day. All of you are expected here tomorrow morning at sharp 9. "

All of us rushed out as soon as he made the announcement about the cabins. Paul and Barry had reached notice board. The scrambled out of the crowd and told us that we almost got put together.

"Wait, what do you mean by ALMOST?!" said May.

"Well I got put up with Paul, Clemont and Misty in team Squirtle. Kenny, Drew, May and Iris are together in team Mudkip. Dawn, you are with Serena and two others in team Froakie" says Paul. I was total freaking out and Dawn even shrieked. After all, why did it have to be the two of us, the most gentle of all to have to team up with strangers?! I couldn't even talk to one, let alone be like a family for a whole month! I knew I shouldn't have come.