William's pov.

I try to find my glasses quickly panic building in my chest after hearing that Serenity was alone. Ronald helps me and we get back to work but in the back of my head I worried about my wife. "Mr. Spears that demon, was he talking about your wife?" Ronald asks me and I give a small sigh. "Yes. He was all rights to. After all that is Serenity's father." I say and Ronald just about fell off the roof. Once he composed himself he looks me over wanting to ask me what was going on. "How did you meet her? I have wanted to ask for a while but did not want to be rude." Ronald says making me give a small sigh. "You have no doubt heard of how often Grell messes up or his involvement in that whole Jack the Ripper mess." I say and he nods his head quickly to confirm that his screw ups had been heard by the new reapers. "I was to get him and found him fighting with a demon, Sebastian, who was about to finish him off when I showed up. I was knocked into by something only for me to meet Serenity. I had no idea who she was to me. I got angry that demon touched her and when I finally got alone with her for the first time she told me that she was my mate. I normally hate Grell for his screw ups but that was one I was willing to let slide because he helped me find my whole world." I say before fixing my glasses. Ronald whistles a little before shaking his head. "What did she have to say all about having a reaper as a mate?" Ronald asks and I could feel a head ace forming in my head already. I thought Grell was the only one who could do that. "That is something you should ask her." I say and we fall into silence after that.

Once we were done for the day I head home to get a clue as to where Serenity would have gone. I felt panic build in my chest when I see the front door open a single gold knife in the lock. I walk around the whole house until I get to her father's room and see the window open. 'Serenity what happened to you?' I think before pacing a little in the living room. I needed to call a few people. I stiffen a little when I notice a strong demonic presence coming closer to the house. I was ready to attack whoever may be coming here looking for my wife, to take her from me should I need to do so. The door opens and I relax the moment I see Serenity and her grandfather. "Serenity." I say before pulling her carefully into my arms and she gives a small sigh. "I am fine William. I spent the day with grandfather." She says and I look over her shoulder at her grandfather who was looking at the gold knife in the lock of the door. "I will have someone come over and fix the lock on the door later." Her grandfather says before he turns as if to leave. Serenity pulls away from me and looks at him. "You do not have to we can fix it grandfather." She starts but winces a little as she rest her hand on her stomach making me place my hand over hers to feel the baby kicking her once again. Her grandfather turns as if to scold her but the moment his eyes land on the way she was holding her stomach that was gone.

"Little one." He mumbles before rushing over to her and she gives a small sigh. "I am fine. All the excitement earlier has made me feel a little sick." Serenity says. I think she wanted her father to know before anyone else the baby was moving and she really hasn't seen him since then. We hadn't even told Undertaker, Grell or Ronald that the baby was moving yet. "You boy, do not let my grand daughter over exert herself for the rest of the day. I will kill you if anything bad happens to her." Her grandfather says before leaving us alone. "We should let him help us fix the door. What happened to you love? I was so worried when I ran into your father in town today and you were not with him." I say as I lead her over to the couch and force her to sit. She sighs softly before she tells me everything. About how she called the manor and found out about her father being out, how she went upstairs to get a warmer jacket to walk to Undertaker's shop and how she heard someone brake in as well as the spider demon who took her calling for her and her escape out the window with a knife to protect herself as she ran to her grandfathers. "Darling I have a feeling that Claude will try to take me again." She says as she rubs her stomach making me worry over the health of our baby.