Bet

Everyone was pigging in as I would expect, their boys.

I grab 2 slices of cheese pizza not feeling very hungry especially when Isaac entered the kitchen, it was like my taste bugs turned off but I have this flipping feeling in the pit of my stomach.

I went and sat at the table where only a few guys were sitting.

I sigh just looking down at my pizza like it interested me more than anything, but at this point it kinda did.

"What's wrong Princess?" Dad questions sitting next to me with five pieces of pizza making me feel sick.

"The truth is I don't even know," I didn't look at him, eyes still on my pizza picking the cheese off it bit by bit.

When my father was silent I look up to see that he knows exactly what I am feeling as his facial expressions went soft but also worried in a way.

He shakes his head before responding, "you'll get through it in time, Ashley." My dad pats my left knee before going to talk to a group of guys.

I look around to spot Nick and Rowan smiling and having the time of their lives as Isaac was just standing with them staring deeply into space.

On the field it's like he is a whole different person; serous, demanding, outgoing, confident and a leader. But off the field he seems to be the opposite; emotionless, carefree, shy, unconfident and a follower.

I really wonder what he is thinking right about now? Is it the game tomorrow? Was it what happened in the living room?

It wasn't anything I would get the wrong idea of. He properly just wanted me to help him off the coach.

I sigh once again but when I look over at their group they're all looking a me. Nick and Rowan look at Isaac then I back and forth like they are trying to figure out the tension between us.

I look directly into Isaac's eyes as I see him gulp like he was trying to swallow a fifty cent coin.

I stood up quickly tucking my chair in, grabbing my pizza's before going to the kitchen placing the plate of pizza's on the table bench.

I grip my edge of the bench letting my head hung low as my heart is pumping faster. I can now feel my veins pumping. My breathing went wild and out of control. What's happening to me? It feels like my chest is empty.

"Ashley, right?" A unfamiliar voice said.

I spin around to face a decent looking guy with sandy hair and brown eyes smiling at me. I nod, "yes that's my name."

"Declan, number 7. Um I wanted to ask if you were alright?" Declan introduced himself politely.

I smile at him, "yea I'm fine Declan thanks."

I look around to of course see my dad giving me a worried look but not interrupting.

I face back to Declan looking him in the eyes. "I'm glad to see your alright." He seems friendly.

I was going to start a proper conversations but my father announces, "okay everyone head outside for a game!" He exclaims making everyone cheer.

A guy taps Declan on the shoulder. Declan quickly waves at me before heading off outside with his friend.

I huff, still feeling that emptiness inside which is killing me, I want to fill it back up, but how?

I soon walk outside to see my father and a few others setting up the field. Out backyard was big enough for one team to play on.