6%

>>DENIAL<<

>>a statement saying that something is not true or real<<

>>refusal to admit the truth or reality<<

<><><><><>

it was quiet for a while. and in the midst of the wind blowing and the usual cars passing by, john couldn't help but think about what the girl behind the counter said.

that's too bad, the girl's voice echoed in his head, you guys look cute together.

and what strained his thoughts even more was that, in the corner of his eye, he saw ringo's blue eyes widen at her words and his cheeks turn pink. and he wouldn't just blush for no reason. he flushed whenever he was embarrased, flattered or...

john bit his lip, trying to distract himself from his thoughts with the dark chocolate ice-cream in his hand.

no, john thought, it isn't possible. ringo wouldn't---

"hey, ringo?"

he looked up. "yes john?"

the taller pointed to the side of his mouth. "you've got ice-cream...?"

"o-oh." ringo tried to wipe it off, spreading it even more. john sighed.

"here."

john reached out and brushed it away with the pad of his thumb.

and there was that blush of his again.

john's hand left his face so quick it's like he had been burned from the mere contact of ringo's lips.

and the awkwardness that came after that seemed to swallow them whole.

ringo was about to say something when he was cut off by his phone ringing.

he cleared his throat. "hello?" john watched as his lips stretched into a smile. "hi georgie." he hummed. "nothing much. i jus' went out with john, he took me out for some ice-cream." he glanced at the taller and covered his phone. "is it okay if i head over there?

"okay." he mumbled, biting the last remnants of his ice-cream cone.

ringo nodded and walked, continuing his conversation. in the distance, he could hear him laugh.

"we aren't like that, geo." ringo said.

their eyes met and for a split-second, john saw something flicker in those blue eyes of his.

"he's jus' my best mate."

and that was the fifth time ringo friendzoned him. and john knew there was loads more to come.

<><><><><>

whenever i write this i feel pain in my chest

jawn my poor baby :,(

vote and comment if you liked the chapter!~