Stone cold

A/N I chose this song more for the emotions that Demi portrays through her voice which are so beautiful. Her voice is so powerful. It doesn't exact fit their situation but more the feelings of a person in a strained relationship. So the song is Stone Cold by Demi Lovato.

Holly's POV

"Holly, stop!"

Did I just hear Adam telling me to stop? I immediately turned around to see him rushing towards me.

Whatever had happened today was exactly what I had expected. Adam was trying so hard to insult me but it just wasn't working. He was crossing the line again and again by bringing up the bet and forcing money into my hands but all I could see through his actions was desperation. Desperation to keep me away from him. For what reason, only he knows. I was just disappointed in him. Instead of telling me what the matter was he had been constantly blocking me for 3 months. 

If that's what he wanted then I think it is best for me to leave him alone. To let him have his way instead of forcing feelings out of him. But now when I was finally leaving why was he stopping me?

He rushed towards me, pulled me out of Mindy's grip and hugged me. I was taken aback for a second but I immediately wrapped my arms around his neck, standing on my toes. It felt so good to be wrapped in his arms again. A volcano of feeling were erupting in me and I could no longer hold myself from crying.

He left me after a brief while, looked at me with his stone cold expression. A facade as I always called it. He was great at it.

"I'm sorry, this hug... it didn't mean anything." He said hoarsely and pushed me away.

My eyes widened. Why was he torturing himself and me like that? No I wasn't going to let him do this. No way! I was going to be stubborn. Now I was sure of his feelings for me.

"No!" I said quickly running behind him and holding his hand with all force that I had. He turned around and I saw that his face was stained with tears.

"Don't do this Adam." I gently put my hands on his face. He looked completely broken. Dejected. But still tried to put on a facade. His expression pained me.

I had to knock some sense into him. Whatever he was trying to do was the most senseless idea on this planet! In the process he wasn't only hurting me but inflicting ten times more pain on himself.

"Adam don't do this to yourself or to me." I said as I hugged him tight burying my face into his shirt. He's such a moron. If this was to protect me then it worse than being put into danger.

"Don't make it more difficult than it already is Holly." He murmured.

"What are you doing Holly? This man is such a double faced person! He's been with at least five other girls after he left you. I don't know why you keep trusting him again and again!" Mindy yelled at me from the back.

I couldn't blame her. She was just looking at this situation from the outside. But she didn't know him like I did. Adam was the sort to always put on a brave face. He hardly ever shared his worries or his problems with me, he just took it all on himself and tried to act normal.

No way was I going to stop trying now. We had come this far. I had broken him away form his 'I don't care for you' phase at last.

I stopped crying and roughly wiped my tears. I looked into his eyes and placed my hands on his face again.

"I know there is something bothering you but I promise we can find a solution. Everything will be alright. Just don't push me away anymore. I'm here for you." I said with all seriousness.

"Stop it Holly, please." He tsked and pulled my hands off his face.

"Adam don't leave me like this. I can't take it anymore. These three months have been a nightmare!"

"I said stop it!" He yelled at me and began to walk away. My head started to spin and my vision blurred for a second. I don't know when I was going to get over with the pain. It was getting worse with every passing day.

"No I won't! I would never stop trying." My voice was breaking ."Adam I love you. Please don't leave me. You're acting impulsively. You have no idea what you're doing. You're so stupid! So fucking stupid!" I yelled in frustration.

He didn't stop walking. My head spun again and I stumbled forward. Mindy immediately grabbed my hand. I was feeling light headed but all I could see was Adam getting further away. I regained my  balance and rushed behind him but Mindy pulled me behind roughly.

"What the hell is wrong with you Holly? Can't you see he is playing with you? Just stop now, enough!"

I pulled my hand out of her grip. He had almost reached the door. If he shut that door then he would shut me out forever.

I walked towards  him as fast as I could but stopped in the middle of my tracks. A pain shot through my head. I bent down a little down and held my head in my hands.

"No please just cooperate with me." I begged my body.

"Holly are you okay?" Mindy called out worriedly. Adam immediately turned to look at me.

I fell on my knees as the world around me spun again.

"Holly!"

Someone called out my name in alarm. I could only hear faint voices and footsteps rushing towards me. My eyes closed involuntarily and my body hit the ground. And I had no recollection of what happened after that.

I know this is not very long sort of like a filler. I couldn't incorporate all of this and further drama into the last chapter so I split it up!!! I've written quite a lot of the next chapter also so update is soon I guess.

You're lucky that you're getting an update today. It's because I'm a fucking retard!!!!!!! I forgot my keys at home and got locked out for fucking 2 hours till my dad rushed back all the way from his office to give me his pair of keys!!! I'm really mad at myself. And today I got free from college early only to come home and see that my stupid ass brain had forgotten the keys inside!!!!!!!!!! @_@

I had nothing to do but sit outside the door of my house so I thought I might as well write something. I hope you all are happy with the early update but please don't wish for me to be locked out again!!!

Last chapter left :')))))

I DON'T want to give any spoilers but I'll just say this.

Holly is terminal...
.
.
.
.
.
.

Lol ok she's not!! I'm kidding xD xD xD

I hope some of you got that mini heart attack I aimed for. I thought I'll say that I was kidding in the next chapter but then that would be toooo mean.

But let me ask you this on a serious note.

There something wrong with Holly. Is it her hangover or something else??? Things could be serious...

Ó_Ò

Ok that's enough I've said tooooo much I think I've almost ruined the last chapter.

Thnxx for reading
Much love
Ananya