Nightmares

Alex tossed and turned in her bedroom. She always had nightmares, but they had gotten worse since the whole boyfriend being a vampire and dying thing. Claire had been up most nights looking at lore and thinking about killing that no good douche of a boyfriend. She in no way regretted it, yet Alex's constant groaning and moaning made her feel guilty.

Claire had acquired a crush on Alex when she first saw Alex. The beautiful black hair and pale skin, but it was a punch in the face hearing she had a boyfriend. She tried to push it away. Yet, since killing the boyfriend, it had re-awoken the flame inside her.

She sighed as she could hear Alex crying in her sleep. Alex cried from the pain her body was feeling in the horrid hell that was nightmares. Claire couldn't take it and hurried across the hall. "Alex! Hey, Alex!" She harsh whispered and shook the girl. Alex bolted awake and gripped Claire, "Hey, shh! Just nightmares, you're here with Jody and me." Alex nodded.

"Sorry for waking you up," Alex said as she ate a midnight snack with Claire. "No, I've been up. Thanks for the snacks." She teased, but straightened up. "So, what were you crying about?" Alex's lips moved into a thin line as she looked down. "Alex, you can tell me."

"It's okay, Claire." Alex said through her tears. She had explained her dream to Claire in minor detail as it was to much to speak about. Claire was angry, furious with these imaginary dream. "Why are you dreaming about that? Don't you feel safe here? I'm here - Jody is here!" Claire quickly rephrased.

"Do you think I'm scared of you?" Alex asked and couldn't help but smile and laugh. "Come on, we need to sleep." She took Claire's hand and walked to her bedroom. Alex crawled into bed, pulling Claire close. She snuck a kiss to Claire's cheek and smiled big. Claire blushed and heard Alex snicker, "Oh, shut it!" Then they both fell asleep.