Introduction (Ness)

INTRO (NESS)

  ONCE UPON A TIME there was a frigate pirate ship, commonly referred to as The Shadow Crow, captained by the cruel captain Harlin Kortzoph. I know, really makes you tremble in fear doesn't it?   Well, on that ship there was a poor, seventeen year old, servant girl, her name was... wait for it, Ness. Yep that's me. I cook, clean, tend to the dirty no-goods down in the brig, and can often be found slapping the flirtatious drunkards constantly roaming these decks of a prison. I consider myself about the smartest person stranded on this bloody boat. I'm a shadow, always have been. I just stay out the way and I'm invisible, but, I'm still here aren't I? I see everything, hear everything (not that this crew has anything interesting to say), yeah and unfortunately I end up smelling everything. It's a quiet life, but, I've never known anything else.

  Today, is a big day for Kortzoph's crew, all the shipmates will be boarding and raiding the second finest ship out there, Bessy's Boot. The captain is Tariq Doswood, not the brightest one, he's said to have been presented with a lot of luck though. I guess that's if you believe in such a thing as luck. Some people would tell you you're as lucky as you're ever gonna get just being alive. So maybe you could say that, yes, there are many things I would like, (that I'm never gonna get), but i should focus on what I do have. A job (it doesn't pay very well, like zero). I have a prisoner's diet. Do I have friends? Yeah, I guess I've made a few down in the Brig (It's just to bad that they're all tortured to death before we can exchange BFF bracelets). Lastly I have a life and a soul, though it can be hard to tell, I will assure you, it's there.  

  But if you do focus on what I want, what I want more than anything, I want to get out of this hell hole, and finally, really, get to live. Because the way I see it, I've just but barely had a chance to yet.