The Truth

Nothing. I'd heard nothing from Austin since that day. Kissing him was a decision I was starting to regret. But he didn't shove me away, he kissed me back. He kissed me with so much hunger, it was like he wanted it as much as I did. It was one of the best kisses of my life, unforgettable and perfect. It had been at least 2 weeks since I last saw him and I had just gone 8 months pregnant, so I was trying to focus all my attention on my little girl. The most important person in my life. I couldn't wait to hold her, to touch her tiny hands, to kiss her, to cuddle her, to know she's a part of me and Austin. I had tried to picture her in my head so many times that it made me more eager to meet her.

Carrie and Leon were now well into their summer holidays and taking full advantage of their free time. Leon was always out, and I mean always. He was nearly never around me and when he was we didn't talk much. I felt like we were becoming distant and I didn't know how or why. Carrie assured me that it was just 'boy stuff' but I had a feeling it was more than that. Carrie was at our house 24/7, she might as well have a key to the place shes here that much, I'm sure mum has debated having one cut for her...I couldn't complain though, she really was the best-est friend I had. Not that any of the others had stuck by me. Their loss, I thought.

I pulled myself up from my bed and looked down at my huge stomach. My palms circled around it, massaging it and feeling my little girl kick lightly under my touch, like she knew. I checked my phone for messages from Austin but I got nothing. Sighing annoyed, I figured I better get up and get ready. Carrie had said something about taking me out for a pampering day so I could 'wind down' for when the baby arrives. At least someone cares.

Callum had tried calling and texting me, just the same thing over and over, like 'I need to see you' 'I'm sorry Sum' 'Please call me we need to talk'. If he wanted to make things right, he could come see me, I'm the pregnant one here. I knew I shouldn't be so hard on him, it's not his fault our mother doesn't want me. But he could have come after me. I shook my head quickly finishing washing up and waddling back into my room. I quickly pulled out my maternity jeans and a baggy top and got changed. I plugged my iPod into the docking station and pressed shuffle whilst I made an attempt to look presentable. Summertime Sadness by Lana Del Ray played and I sang along.

The sun was shinning brightly and it reminded me of the day when Austin took me out and we drove along with all the windows down, music blasting. I closed my eyes hoping I could relive the memory.

What have I done!

You kissed the guy you're in love with and now he's stopped talking to you?

Wow thanks, that made me feel a whole lot better!

Maybe you shouldn't have kissed him?

But he kissed me back! He wouldn't do that unless he had feelings for me right?

Did he have feelings for me? Yeah right Summer. I huffed annoyed and stepped out onto the landing colliding with an unfamiliar person and stumbling, nearly falling to my feet. A pair of strong arms wrapped around me to stop my fall and pulled me up.

"Are you okay?" He asked hopefully. "Sorry about that, I didn't see you" He apologized, releasing me.

"It's okay. I don't think we've met?" I questioned. His hair was a very dark shade of brown, with almost the same style as Austin's. Stop thinking about him for goodness sake's!

"No we haven't, I think I'd remember if Leon had introduced me to you. I'm Oscar" He smiled pulling out his hand for me to shake.

"Summer" I introduced myself, shaking his hand.

"So you're?.."

"Leon's sister"

"Really? He's never mentioned you before" He replied titling his head to the surprise.

"I bet he hasn't" I mumbled, pulling my baggy top down top hide my baby bump. Was Leon ashamed of me? His sister, pregnant and having a child at a young age? "So do you go to our school Oscar?" I asked politely.

"No, I have family here, I'm just visiting. I met Leon at a party the other day"

"Oh right, well it was nice meeting you" I smiled, about to head down the stairs. He placed a hand around my wrist stopping me in my tracks, my eyebrows moving into a frown.

"Fancy getting a coffee sometime?" He asked, a hopeful smile on his face.

"Sorry Oscar, I don't think you'll want to have much to do with a pregnant teenager" I half smiled.

"Summer, I know exactly what you're going through" He said sincerely. "Come on, let me take you for that coffee, you look like you need to talk" He said, smiling warmly.

*****

We walked in almost silence to the coffee shop a few streets away, nothing but the summer breeze blowing through my hair and the sound of cars near by filling the air. He held the door open for me and I thanked him. It was virtually empty, just a few business women and men dotted here and there in suits ready for work.

"You sit down, I'll get these, what would you like?" Oscar asked.

"Erm, a hot chocolate please". He nodded and walked towards the counter placing our orders whilst I slid onto a chair near the window. Across the road, a little girl played on her scooter, riding up and down the road. Her little pig tails were tied with cute pink ribbons and swung around in the wind. She was smiling like she didn't have a care in the world, which most kids at that age, really don't. A tall, pretty woman came out of a nearby house and called over the girl, bending down and holding out her hand to her. The little girl took it and, who I presumed was her mother, picked her up and squeezed her into a loving cuddle. I smiled admiring the happy scene as Oscar arrived back with our drinks.

"I wish I had that" Oscar admitted, sitting across from me, looking over at the little girl and woman, holding hands as they walked down the road,

"You want kids...now?" I asked, an eyebrow raised. I hadn't actually found out anything about him yet; where he was from, his age. But why would any person my age want kids? I know I would never abort my little girl now, but I didn't plan her, he sounded like it was something he wanted more than ever.

"Yeah, I mean I have a little girl of my own" He said sadly.

"You do?"

"Yeah, she's two this year. I was your age when my ex had her. I was so stupid, I've always wanted kids and this girl I was with, we were in love. Even discussed getting married and having kids. I didn't use protection because we figured either way we were going to have kids, but when she actually got pregnant she was mortified. Said it was ruining her life. Our little girl. She didn't want her and I was devastated, she didn't even give me the chance to have a say in the decision" He paused, pain flashing through his eyes.

"I wanted our little girl more than anything. But she gave her up for adoption, I held her once, came in the next day and she was gone. I was so upset, for months all I could think about was her. It wasn't like I couldn't support her, either of them. My family are wealthy and I worked for my parents at the time, in the family business. Every day I think of her, what she looks like, what they named her. It breaks my heart" He said, his voice breaking slightly at the end. I placed my hand over his, trying to comfort him.

"I'm sorry about this Summer, we barely know each other" He realized.

"Don't worry about it" I said rubbing my thumb over his hand. "I have to raise my girl when she arrives, all by myself" I shrugged taking a sip of my drink.

"A girl?" He whispered, his head raising. I nodded smiling, I loved talking about her. She was and is the only important person in my life.

"H-how far gone are you?"

"8 months" I replied, caressing my stomach lightly. "Oooh shes kicking again" I laughed lightly, grabbing one of his hands and placing it on my stomach. She kicked repeatedly and his eyes sparkled with delight.

"Wow, thats amazing. You're so lucky" He choked out, as if he was about to cry. "What about her father?"

"He's a player. I was just a fling, so I didn't bother telling him, he wouldn't want to know" I sighed, drinking up the last of the hot chocolate.

"I'm sorry Summer" He paused, sitting back in his chair. "He's an ass. I mean I don't know him but any man that uses a girl, isn't a man. If I was given the chance again, to go back and choose a different girl, one to have a family with, I would. nothing means more to me than family" He declared.

We carried on talking for the rest of the morning. He told me he was just turning 20, studying medicine at college, living an hour away from here and was staying with his cousin, aunt and uncle not far from my house. He seemed like the perfect guy and if I wasn't knocked up and in love with Austin, I'd definitely have been into him. I mean, what 19 year old guy wanted kids and a family so young? He had obviously been brought up well and had many goals in life, someone my parents would definitely have approved of.

When I realised the time, I decided it was time to head home and think about contacting Austin. He needed to know the truth. I know he would be nothing like the guy I hoped he would be, someone like Oscar. But Austin didn't have goals, he was just your average player hoping to glide on through school and get into college. And yet I still loved him, everything about him. Oscar called his cousin to pick him up and we waited outside together.

A familiar car pulled up at the side and Oscar waved over at the driver. No that can't be...

"Summer?" Austin questioned.

"Austin?" i said surprised, my eyes wide with surprise as I stood next to Oscar.

"You guys know eachother?" Oscar asked.

Yeah he's my daughter's daddy and oh, did I mention I'm in love with him?

_____________________________________________________________________________

Oooh a new guy is on the scene everyone, just to complicate things even more for poor Summer! Did you guys guess they were cousins? What do you think of Oscar? Nice guy? Looks like Summer may finally get round to tell Austin very soon, read on and find out very soon! Comment/Vote/Follow - Ally x