A Date With Mr Right

"Carrie, I'm pregnant for goodness sake. I cannot wear that!" I huffed sitting on the edge of my bed, arms crossed and glaring at Carrie who had just pulled out a pair of tight fitted jeans and a peplum top. "This is useless, I have nothing to wear, I'm not going" I sighed.

"Summer don't be stupid. He's the only guy who's shown you any notice since you left school and he's lovely"

"You mean since I got pregnant. It's okay Carrie you can say it. No one wants to date a single parent"

"The fact that he wants children of his own is adorable, in my opinion you'd be mad not to date him" She explained rummaging through my wardrobe.

"He's Austin's cousin"

"What's your point? You've really got to forget about him, I know it's hard but you've found someone better" Carrie sat beside me, pulling an arm around me. "Let's be honest, what guy his age is loaded, want kids and a serious relationship? Not many. You don't need a guy like Austin Sum, he'll only hurt you"

"He already has" I mumbled as Carrie pulled out a flowing blue blouse with a pair of dark maternity jeans. "Suppose that will have to do" I huffed quickly changing. I looked over my outfit and saw a fat, bulging stomach wanting to poke its way out of my top. My ankles were swollen and I struggled to fit any decent shoes. I looked over at Carrie and she shuffled across my room, grabbing make up and my straighteners.

This didn't feel right. A date with Oscar? Yeah sure he was every girls version of 'Mr Right', he was so sweet and had clearly thought about his future many times. He was obviously the right choice over Austin, but I didn't think he was, not at all. In my head, Austin was the one. He'd taken me in his arms and caressed my body carefully. He'd taken my virginity and hadn't looked back, hadn't thought back to Ariana, what she'd be doing or where she would be right now. He didn't care. But that didn't stop me falling in love with him.

Carrie finished my make up and quickly curled the ends of my hair. I looked nice, not pretty or gorgeous like I'd hoped. Just nice. I longed to look like Ariana at the party months ago, the girl that felt good about herself, confident and beautiful. But she was gone. A memory.

"There you go, all finished" Carrie declared, whipping her hands clean of any make up.

"Oscar is here Summer" Mom called. I gave a worried look at Carrie as we walked down the stairs and she told me I'd be fine.

He was stood by the door with a bouquet of flowers in one hand and his jacket in the other. I smiled unconsciously and he handed me the flowers. "For me?" I asked lightly smelling the different types of colourful flowers. He nodded and I gave them to Carrie to put in a vase. We said our goodbyes and he led me to his car, politely opening the door for me.

We made light conversation in the car journey to where I had no clue of yet. It was nice to talk and have him listen, I knew he understood me and he focused on my every word as he drove. He could barely take his eyes of me and his face lit up when our eyes met. It was early in the evening and the further into my pregnancy I got, the more tired I was. I tried to show enthusiasm but my body ached and I hoped we wouldn't be doing anything adventurous.

A half hour later, he pulled into the parking lot of a restaurant I had heard about many times but never been to before. It was called The Swan Palace, also a hotel and very well known. I took one look down at my bulging stomach and simple outfit, realising I was seriously under dressed.

"Oh I'm sorry Oscar, I'm so under dressed" I apologised blushing as he parked the car, taking the keys out of the ignition.

"Don't be silly, you look gorgeous" He declared "Besides, I booked a private booth just for us". He jumped out from the drivers seat and rushed round to help me out. We walked towards the entrance and he slipped his arm around my waist gently. Strangely, I had little pulses of electricity, just like once before when Austin had held me. It was weird but felt amazing.

A waitress took us through the main dinning area and through to the back where a private booth had been set up just for us, leading out on to the garden. Candles lit the room and the doors were open, letting in a cool breeze. It was gorgeous and he'd gone to so much trouble, it was sweet. Oscar pulled out my chair and I sat down glancing at the menu.

After we had finished our delicious meal, Oscar led me into the garden and we gazed up at the sky for a while. I felt Oscars eyes on me and I couldn't help but feel content and happy when I was with him. The night had been perfect, he was perfect but something was just missing.

He's not Austin that's why, duh.

"Summer" Oscar called, pulling me away from my trance. I turned my head to him and smiled. His eyes roamed my face, taking in every inch, every feature in detail. His eyes landed on my lips but he made no attempt to kiss me, like he was afraid to. I moved closer to him, our eyes meeting.

"You're so beautiful Summer" He whispered, moving my hair out of my eyes. "So perfect"

I closed the space between us and planted my lips on his. He kissed me back, gently but full of passion and my heart raced uncontrollably in my chest. It felt just like the first time I'd kissed Austin, the electric shocks pulsed through me and I smiled against his lips.

For once in a while, I felt special and wanted. Oscar walked into my life by accident but stayed regardless. He understood me and cared about me. And right in that moment, my arms wrapping around his neck pulling him closer, I felt complete.

___________________________________________________________________

Hey guys! So so sooooooo sorry I haven't updated! I know it's been a while! I've had so many messages and demands to update and I knew I had to but I've been very busy! I'm sorry it's short also! Hope you're not disappointed! What do you think of Oscar? Are you team Oscar or Austin? Vote/Comment please and thank you!

Ally x