I Missed You

"Your my...I'm your...no how is that possible, it can't be...you must have it wrong!" I got up, standing away from him as my hands shook nervously.

"Summer, listen to me" He asked, standing in front of me and taking my hands in his. "I would never have said this unless I was certain" He admitted softly.

"How did you find out I thought you knew nothing about...your sister"

He took a deep breath and ran a hand through his hair. "I didn't have any clues at all at first. So I had to find something. Every time I brought up the subject with mom, her face went pale, it was like she felt guilty about it and changed the subject immediately. She was working the other night and I just thought its now or never. So I went through her things, I didn't want to but she wasn't leaving me with much of a choice. She had this box at the top of her wardrobe, full of baby stuff, most of it just of pictures of me. I dug through it right to the bottom and found this" He pulled out a picture from his back pocket and handed into me.

I took it cautiously and glanced at the foreign picture. A woman sat up in a hospital bed with two babies in her arms. She looked happy and I saw love in her eyes. I failed to see how this had anything to do with me. "What are you saying? Are we..."

"Fraternal twins. Looks like it. I couldn't find any more pictures after that. But last night, I found the locket she nearly always wears, but it had broke slightly so she wanted to get it repaired. I'd never even thought to ask what the pictures were inside" He shrugged, pulling out a silver locket and opened it delicately. A little brunette girl, looking about 4 years old, sat in someone's lap but it was cropped so you could only see her. She had blue eyes, just like mine and the picture seemed familiar. I handed it him back and began rummaging through my draws. I finally came across the picture I'd been looking for. It was the same picture but I was sat on my mom's lap.

"Oh my gosh" I whispered, dropping my picture as my hands went to my mouth in shock. No way was he my brother. But that would mean his mom is my...mom.

"But then that mean's that Cara...she's my..."

"Birth mom. I know this is a lot to take in Sum, but I needed to tell you. I couldn't keep it from you" He whispered. He placed a finger beneath my chin and lifted my head to face him. Our eyes locked and  a small tear rolled down his cheek and I wiped it away with my thumb. He smiled lovingly and pulled me into a hug. I was slightly hesitant at first, it suddenly felt weird between us. I mean finding out your friend is your brother is pretty shocking if you ask me. I hugged him back tightly, afraid to let go. He was the only real family I had and I was scared that he would just disappear and I'd never see him. He kissed the top of my head lovingly and rested his head on mine.

"I can't believe it" I mumbled into his t-shirt.

"Neither can I, but we'll have to take a DNA test, just to make sure" He explained and I nodded in agreement. Although Leon had always been my brother, blood related or not, he didn't feel as close to me. We didn't have characteristics like each other or share many common interests, where as Callum and I could both sing and loved to read. We had a similar hair colour but our eyes weren't the same. We got along very easily and knew when each other was upset or needed to talk. How I'd never realised before baffled me. I felt like I had so many questions to ask and so many unanswered but I was still in shock.

"I have to go-"

"But you'll be back?" I interrupted.

"Of course, I'll call you" He said giving me a final squeeze and leaving the house. I flopped back onto my bed, grabbing my phone and dialling Carrie's number.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Grab your stuff for school and pack an overnight bag, you are staying at mine, I'll explain all when you get here just hurry up okay?"