The Garage

I was driving along the road when a deer suddenly jumped out in front of my motorbike, I quickly pulled the brake barely stopping in time

I was driving along the road when a deer suddenly jumped out in front of my motorbike, I quickly pulled the brake barely stopping in time. Instead of stopping my bike skidded across the wet road and hit a tree. I got off my now banged up bike with a pounding headache from hitting it off the road and a throbbing wrist from landing on it and I took one look at my favourite bike laying trashed on the side of the road sadly. I decided to ring the person who always fixes my bike when something like this happens rarely, Brian, so that's what I did, ten minutes later he had arrived with his pick up truck to collect my motorbike.

"What did you do this time then hey?" he asked me with a chuckle.

"Oh you know, deer ran out, I tried to dodge, ended up skidding into a tree, destroyed it, called you and here we are,"I said to him acting bored while I hopped into the passenger seat of the pickup, he joined me after hooking up the bike.

"I'm turning on the radio" I announced when we were driving for half an hour. I turned the station and 'love you by Justin Bieber' was playing. I kept it on that station and started humming along to the rest of the song while getting a look of amazement from Brian because this is the first time I sang in front of him.

And baby I am movin' on and I think you should be somethin'

I don't wanna hold back, maybe you should know that

My mama don't like you and she likes everyone

And I never like to admit that I was wrong

And I've been so caught up in my job, didn't see what's going on

And now I know, I'm better sleeping on my own

'Cause if you like the way you look that much

Oh, baby, you should go and love yourself

And if you think that I'm still holdin' on to somethin'

You should go and love yourself

When the song was over I leaned my head against the window and just watched the scenery pass by, we pulled up an 'O'Conor's Garage' Brian's dad owns the garage. I stayed there for a while just helping around the garage like I normally do until it was time to get home to make dinner for my brothers and mom. I waved bye to Brian and his dad and walked the short distance home.

"I'm home" I shouted while leaving my soaked jacket on the coat hook at the front down and Chase ran towards me a barrelled into my legs as he went to hug me making us both fall to the floor laughing.

"Hey Chase, where's mom and Carter?" I asked.

"Mom's in bed sleeping, she went to sleep an hour ago and Carter is in his room listening to music" he answered happily.

"Oh okay, well would you like to help me make dinner monkey?"

He said 'yes' and ran to the kitchen sink to wash his hands with me coming behind him to do the same. We finished making dinner and I told Chase to go set the table while I got mom and Carter who was in his room listening to the charts on tv.

We all ate dinner then Carter and I washed up while Mom went back to bed after putting Chase to his bed.

"So Carter, how's the gang? I haven't seen them in a while" I asked with curiosity lacing my tone.

"Oh, the gangs good, they miss you though. it's not the same without you there" he replied with a hint of sadness in his voice.

"Yeah, I miss them too. I'm thinking of going over to them tomorrow." I told him to try to cheer him up which worked 'cause he stopped washing the dishes and pulled me into a big hug which I missed.