Chapter 6

Kayla's POV

*knock knock knock*

Dear god I'm gonna be robbed today.

I thought to myself hiding under the sofa blanket.

Alessia and Cameron are gone, my parents are gone and now someone is at my damn door.

I quickly pushed myself off my couch and walked slowly almost tiptoeing to the door.

"What do you wan-" I said in my rudest tone opening the door to reveal Hayes.

"Well hello to you to" He smiled ear to ear looking me up then down.

It took me a second to process Hayes before I quickly engulfed him in the biggest hug.

"How are you princess?" He muffled into my hair.

"I'm amazing" I smiled pulling him inside the door before the neighbours could think I really love random guys.

I grabbed his hand and dragged him all the way to the couch.

I turned off the tv and gave Hayes my undivided attention.

"I was supposed to come to your house after Cam and Aless came home" I smiled grabbing his hand and getting lost into his deep blue eyes.

"Yea I know, Nash told me. Although I just felt like you deserve an apology for everything I put you through. It was selfish of me to not talk to you just because of something so small" He let go of my hand and looked away from me.

"No Hayes... It's fine. Honestly, look at Alessia and Cameron were talking about a couple who practically cheated on eachother but are trying to rekindle their love. Why can't we just forget about the past and start off as friends" I smiled trying to get his mind off everything.

"Honestly, I kinda came here to tell you something else." Hayes trailed off in a disappointing tone. "I want to leave 'us' in the past"

I felt my heart break into a complete two pieces.

"What do you mean? You can't just fricken come back here after all this time and say you needed to see me because you felt bad, than blare out a bunch of crap about "Us?". What "Us" Hayes! We were literally over and put in the past when I left... What's the damn point for you to come back and see me. The good ol' let's be friends speech? Cause If that's what's you're waiting to tell me then you can get the hell out my house" I said standing up about to start world war 111.

"Okay first off. Relax. I just think that we need to stop dating eachother, it's not healthy"

"Boy... So you think you're a doctor now?" I chuckled at my own remark gaining a smirk from Hayes.

"Yup, I'm a love doctor. If you want to fix things and "Us" then we need to start a whole new chapter." He smiled standing up to pull me into an embrace.

"This is inappropriate content... I'm pretty sure friends don't stare eachother down and kiss eachother" I laughed sitting down on my couch.

"But do you agree Kayla? Are you okay with being friends again" He asked me in the sweetest Haysiepoo voice.

"Of course Hayes, I love you. That's one emotion that doesn't change over a period of time it just grows weak until that spark returns to be fired back up again"

"I could kiss you right now" He smiled cuddling into me whilst looking directly into my eyes.

"I could be kissing one of your sexy friends right now but unfortunately I'm sitting here, with you." I laughed causing Hayes to roll his eyes at my remark.

"Whatever man" He smirked cuddling me into him. "What are you watching?"

"The only show I ever watch!" I huffed. We haven't been together for a year now, there is no way in life that he will be able to remember every single detail.

He nodded in confusion causing me to smirk.

"Pretty little liars or Supernatural?" I gasped in awe.

"How did you remember either of those?"

"You were my first love, it's kinda my job babe" he laughed leaning in more.

I looked at his big blue eyes and began to lean in as well.

"IM HOMEEE" a voice yelled completely throwing the door open revealing a very excited Cameron and Alessia.

Hayes and I froze in our positions and quickly shuffled away from eachother to make the situation less awkward.

"What's going on in he-.... Oh" Alessia chuckled. "Hayes!" She shrieked running over to Hayes and engulfing him in a big hug.

He smiled into her hair as they hugged. "It's been awhile"

"It has" She nodded plopping herself down on the couch beside me.

Cameron walked into the room with a huge smirk on his face.

"Sup Buddy" He greeted pulling Hayes into a bro hug. "What brings you down here?"

"Closure" Hayes stated breaking his voice.

Alessia looked at me and stifled a smile almost understanding my situation.

"What about you and Aless?" Hayes joked. "Back at it again??"

"No, No Hayes" Alessia began getting up from her position on the sofa. "Don't make this about us. We're talking and treating eachother like humans again" She chuckled walking over to Cam and sitting on his lap.

"That's what I never understood about you two. Through all the drama, the cheating and the lying, you guys are just able to pick up where you left off? That's what I call true love." Hayes spoke causing the blush to rise in Alessia's face.

"I mean, it's about knowing what you lost? Once you realize it. It makes you wanna completely run back" Cameron smiled planting a soft kiss on Alessia's cheek.

"Woah. Back together?" I questioned eyeing Cameron.

Alessia shook her head and hopped of his lap. Cameron then followed closely behind her.

"That was weird" Hayes laughed sitting back down.

"I don't know. I think it's cute that they may or may not be back together. I love how free they act around eachother. I wish we had that" the words slipped out of my mouth and I couldn't contain my embarrassment. I looked at Hayes to notice he had the same expression plastered on his face; red and confused.

"It's getting late. I'm gonna go" He stated picking up his things and rushing to the door. "I'll text you when I get home" He smiled giving me a reassuring look.

"You still have my number??" I questioned looking down at the ground.

"Yup, right on speed dial" He smirked, and in one swift motion he was out the door.

---------------

Omg guys..

You literally don't understand how long it took me to write this chapter. I wrote it once then deleted it, then had a friend look over it then delete it again.

And now we're here ;)

A month later but atleast we still have a chapter.

I hope you guys enjoy :))

- Alexa ❤️