His Dad smiled back and nodded. "How about you go get dress and ready and then we can get started."

Ian nodded and stood up, placing his own dish in the sink. "I will." He said and walked away to get ready.

***

"Why didn't you call him yet?" JJ said to Liana. They sat on Liana's bed supposedly doing homework and studying. "It's pass eleven."

Liana nodded and looked at a paper. "I know. I don't want to be so up forward with him. I don't want to scare him off."

JJ laughed and put a hand over Liana's. "I promise you that he likes you enough not to run away." She moved her hand away and stood up, walking towards the door. "Call him. I'm not coming back in until you call him."

Liana laughed. "You are full of it." JJ winked and shut the door behind her as she walked out. Liana sighed and pulled out her phone and called him. She felt her heart beat fast as the phone rang. It beat a little faster when Ian answered.

"Hello?" Ian said on the phone. He was in the middle of nailing boards onto the shed when she called. His Dad left a little while earlier to go to the store and get supplies.

"Um, hi Ian. It's Liana."

Ian laughed. "I know it's you, Liana. I have caller ID."

Liana laughed. "I'm just checking in. I wanted to just say hi."

He chuckled. "Hi."

"Hi."

"Ian, can you get off the phone please?" His Dad said. He just got back from the store and was heading over to Ian with new supplies. Not being loud enough for Liana to hear.

Ian put a hand over his phone and brought it down. "I just need a few minutes. It's the girl I told you about."

His Dad nodded. "Understood. How about you take that call in the stables while you feed the horses?"

"Okay." Ian said and walked to the stables, bringing the phone back up to his ear.

"Is everything okay?" Liana asked.

Ian nodded to himself as he stepped into the stables, greeted by the four horses in there. There used to be five but their horse, Penny died right before his Mom did. "Everything's fine. I just had to tell my Dad something."

"Am I in the way of something?"

Ian shook his head. "No. Not at all. I always got time to talk."

"Great."

He smiled and sat on a block of hay ready to be taken to the truck so they could sell it to other farmers. "How are you?"

"I'm good. Just hanging with JJ."

He chuckled. "What's she have to say about this?"

"She is trying to give me relationship advice." She looked over to see the door was now open and JJ stood there, trying to get Liana to say things. "I don't need any advice though." She tried to shoo JJ away but JJ wouldn't move.

He chuckled again. "I guess if you need any help just go to her."

"Yeah." She said still trying to get JJ to leave. "My Grandpa helps out with that stuff way better than anyone else. He doesn't really give relationship advice. He just gives you his thoughts."

"He was great. I would love to see him again."

"You should. He really likes you. I called him earlier and he mentioned that later this week he wants you to read out loud a certain letter. I don't know what the letter is but my Grandpa's a smart man. He knows what he's talking about."