55-High School (Part 3) Bullied

You stroll through the doors of your high school feeling nervous and scared for the day ahead of you. You recently moved to a new school and you were known as the weird new girl that nobody likes. Everyday you were taunted, shoved into lockers and called horrible things. No one at school dared to talk to you because doing that would be 'social suicide'. (Mean Girls reference😉)

You haven't told anybody what you were currently going on at school because you felt that if your parents or a teacher got involved it would only make things worse. So you tried you hardest to brush it off of your shoulder and try to forget about it.

Lunchtime was the worst time since nobody ever wanted to sit with you. Sometimes you sat in the bathroom to each your lunch since that was sometimes the only option.

You walk from table to table but people claimed that empty seats were taken and some people would just ignore you and act like you were invisible. You soon made it to the back table and sat down since there were only 3 people there. But once you placed your tray down, everybody left leaving you once again alone.

You felt tears fill in your eyes but you swallowed down the lump in your throat, not giving the other students the satisfaction of seeing you cry.

You take a sip of your chocolate milk and stare down at the ground, trying to ignore all the whispers and pointing directed to you.

Soon a tall blonde boy comes over to you and asks if the seat across from you is taken. Without saying a word, you look up and your eyes meet a beautiful pair of blue ones.

"Why would you want to sit with me? Is this a joke? Are you going to make fun of me or dump food on me. Because if so just get it over with please."

He stares at you in shock. "Why would I do such a thing?" he questions.

"Because that's what everybody else does to me," I explain.

"Well I'm not like that." he sets his tray down across from you and sits down. "I'm Luke by the way," he tells you as he takes a bite from his apple.

"I'm y/n," you reply with a shy smile. "Why are you being so nice to me?" you question.

"Because we're both loners who nobody likes-no offence-but what do you say we be friends?" he offers.

"Friends."