Chapter 2

After two hours, we were dressed and ready to go. When I looked in the mirror, I could barely recognize myself. I was in a black cocktail dress, my hair is curled, and I was wearing makeup. Lydia drove back to her house so that the boys could pick us up there.

"I can't believe I'm going to a party." I sighed.

"You need this." I nodded, knowing she was right, but I still feel guilty.

We pulled up to her house just as the boys arrived. I got out and walked right over to Logan. His mouth was hanging open in shock. I stood in front of him, watching him look me over.

"You look amazing." He looked at me smiling.

"Thank you." He looked hot in his white button-down and his cargo shorts.

"We should get going." I nodded. He took my hands, pulling me to him. I smiled as he pressed his lips to mine, kissing me softly before letting go.

We got in the car with Lydia and Sam, then drove to Mike's where the party was. I'm not going to lie. I was a little nervous after all; this is my first party. Logan grabbed my hand, and it calmed me down a little bit, which I was thankful for.

Once we got there, my nerves went right back up. We got out, and Logan came overtaking my hand as we walked inside. I looked at Lydia, and she smiled at me. Hopefully, Jared didn't need me tonight because I wanted to have fun.

"I'm going to get us drinks. I'll be right back." He kissed my forehead and went off. I'm assuming it is the kitchen.

"Who is she?" One of the girls said.

"I don't know, but she's hot." The guy next to her said, looking me up and down.

"I didn't know Logan had a girlfriend." The one girl looked me over, trying to figure out who I was. Thankfully I couldn't recognize her either. Lydia walked over to me, and I smiled at her.

"Come on, let's go dance." I took her hand, and we walked over to the dance floor. We started dancing, and I felt someone behind me. I turned to find Logan, and he handed me a drink.

"Thank you."

"No problem." I downed the cup while he watched me with shocked eyes. I smiled at him as I sat the cup down. He was quick to wrap his arms around me, pulling me closer.

"Dance with me."

"Kiss first." He smirked. I stood on my tippy toes, pressing my lips to his. He quickly wrapped his arms around me, holding me protectively. He nibbled on my bottom lip, asking for permission that I, of course, accepted. He tasted so good, and I wanted more of him. Once he pulled away, he smiled at me, and I couldn't help but smile at him.

"Now we can dance." I giggled, resting my head against his shoulder as we started to move with the music.

As the night went on, we had more drinks, shared a lot more kisses. I even kissed Lydia. For the first time, I was having a good time being a teenager. Of course, I loved Jared more than anything, but I need some time to be me and not his mom or big sister.

"You ready?" Logan asked after a couple of hours.

"Yea." I turned around I looked at Lydia. She came over and stood in front of me.

"If you need me, call me."

"I will thank you." She hugged me one more time, then went to Sam.

"Let's go, baby girl." My heart fluttered when he called me that. We went back to the car, and he sat in the back with me. I rested my head against his shoulder and shut my eyes.

"Baby girl, wake up." I opened my eyes and looked at him, confused.

"We're here. You fell asleep." I moved away, and he got out of the car before helping me get out. He took my hand, and we walked up to his house. It was a beautiful two-story house. We walked in and went upstairs into his room.

"Do you care if I shower, I feel so gross?" I asked him, and he nodded.

"Yea goes head. I'll get you some clothes."

"Thank you." He kissed my forehead then went to get some clothes. He gave me a pair of shorts and a shirt, making me smile at him.

"The bathroom is right over there." I nodded and headed over to the bathroom. I peeled off my clothes and stepped into the shower. The water felt amazing.

Not wanting to spend too much time here. I quickly got out, drying off before changing into the clothes Logan let me borrow. I walked back into his room, walking over to him. Logan smiled, opening his arms for me.

"Thank you tonight."

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You looked beautiful." My phone went off as I turned my head.

"Logan, I have to answer that." I pushed him away a little bit. He got off me, and I went to grab my phone. It was a number I didn't know, so it had to be him.

"Hello."

"Zoey." It sounded like he was crying, making my heartbreak.

"What's wrong, buddy?" I ran my fingers through my hair nervously.

"I miss you."

"I miss you too. I will see you in the morning, okay, Jared." I tried to reassure him.

"Okay."

"Are you having fun?"

"Yea."

"Good, I have to go. I love you."

"Love you too, goodnight."

"Night, bud." I hung up and looked at Logan. His shirt was still off, but he changed his shorts to basketball ones.

"Sorry, that was my little brother."

"It's okay. I'll take the couch." I nodded my head and went over to the bed, getting comfortable. This bed was probably ten times better than the one I have at home. I turned and looked at Logan, who was looking at the ceiling. He was still upset about this.

"Logan," I said softly.

"Yea."

"Will you come to cuddle with me?" He gave me a sad smile and nodded his head. He came overlaying on the bed as I moved over. He quickly pulled me into his arms.

"I will never let anything happen to you."

For some reason, I knew he was not lying, and I wanted to believe him. I think at that moment I was starting to fall in love with him.

"Let's go to bed." I moved closer, putting my head against his shoulder and my arm across his chest. He wrapped his arms tighter around me and kissed my forehead.