Chapter 35 (The End)

Start from the beginning

"Yes!" Maaren said and Leon excitedly slipped the ring in her ring finger before kissing her. I waited for them to pull away but they didn't so I strode over the new couple and cleared my throat standing in front of them. They pulled apart quickly and Maaren blushed before hiding her face in Leon's chest.

"Thank you Evelyn," he blushed a little grinning at me. I just frowned saying, "That was real quick though." Maaren pulled away from hug and looked at me with small smile.

"I didn't know what to say so I just straight away asked her." Oh so I was right he really didn't know how to propose, idiot.

"Congratulations both of you! Don't forget to call me in your wedding." I hugged Maaren and then Leon.

"Thank you." She said shyly.

---

"I am going to miss you and this place." I hugged Leon one last time before pulling away.

"So am I."

"Do visit sometimes." I said and he nodded his head, "sure."

"Tell Grandma I will miss her and her recipes." We both chuckled. This was the best place I've ever been to. I get to meet Leon, Grandma and Maaren. They were truly amazing people.

"See you soon." He said and I nodded before Zayn and I made our way inside the airport. Here we go again, long tiring plane ride.

We both sat on our seats without saying a word.

*Two days later*

Okay it was enough now. I need answers about what's going on in his head. His behaviour is so strange it makes me want to hit him with a chair made up of iron. So here I was standing with my hands on my hips starring dead into his eyes. It was eleven-thirty at night. Someone will say we lost our mind standing in the balcony in middle of night almost.

"Tell me what's wrong? Why are you behaving this way. I am so sick of this behaviour and you don't even talk much. Tell me what's going on in your head that I always find you staring at distance as if you are thinking something." I demanded once more and he looked down at his hands.

"Tell me Zayn." I was furious and mad at him for his cold behaviour.

He sighed heavily before looking up at me his eyes held sadness, "Eves"

"Can you kiss you before explaining?" He pleaded and I wanted to kiss him as well but I was also furious at him.

I folded my arms around me and said, "no first you tell me."

He took a step towards me making us closer, his hands roamed up to my forearms, "please Eves"

I couldn't say him no looking at his face and our closeness didn't help either so instead of saying anything I just nodded my head.

He leaned down and captured my lips with his warms once and kissed me deeply, it felt like he put everything, every love and passion in this kiss. It felt like he was kissing me for the last time. After a few minutes when we ran out of oxygen we pulled apart panting heavily grasping for air.

"Tell me." I whispered after both of our breathing became even.

"Eves please don't hate me but I can't do it. We can't do it." I frowned at him. What was he talking about?

"What do you mean?" I voiced my thoughts and doubts.

He was still holding my arms, "Eves we can't be together." And that hit me like a hurricane.

"I am sorry. I love you, I truly do but because of what we do and our passion we can't be together. It's difficult to handle this long distance relationship." He said and I could see his eyes were getting glassy.

"We can try at least?" I suggested but he shook his head never once leaving eye contact, "we can't Evelyn."

"Why?" I felt something wet on my cheeks and when Zayn wiped it I knew that it was my tears.

"Don't cry Eves. You will find someone much better than me."

"Don't do it Zayn." I begged holding onto his shirt.

"I am leaving in an hour." He said and I couldn't help but feel even more horrible. He says he loves me but he is leaving me. What type of love is this?

Instead of feeling angry I felt nothing. I felt empty and drained. I felt my heart breaking into millions of pieces. So this is how it feels like having a heartbreak.

"I will always remember you and love you. I should leave now, Take care of yourself Evelyn, I will miss you." He cupped my face and kissed my forehead one last time before turning around and leaving me.

"I love you Zayn. I loved you from the day I met you and I will always love you." I whispered falling onto my knees and letting out the tears which I was holding on. My first heartbreak.

_______________________________

I am horrible. I know how it feels when the person you love the most leaves you. To every guy and girl out there who has been through heartbreak please stay strong.

I am sorry but this story is over. This was the end and the Epilogue will be up in few days.
-Ava.

(Unedited)