Chapter 3: Not Supposed To Fall In Love?

“You have got to be shitting us,” Niall chuckled as he took another sip of his pint. “There is no way Giovanna Ramsey, one of the richest women in the UK asked for a lock of your hair.”

“I’m serious,” Louis chuckled. “Apparently she is a crazy fan of ours. Marty says she even has a pillowcase with each of our faces on it.”

“Marty?” Harry waggled his eyebrows. Louis shifted uneasily in his seat. He hadn’t meant to let out how comfortable he and Martzia were these days. He had been regaling them all with the story of meeting Gio for the very first time. He carefully left out the information about Cristiano and Martzia’s past instead focusing on Gio’s demands for his hair and autograph.

“Louis, have you been shacking up with the pretty PR head?” Zayn teased. Louis frowned. It wasn’t like that at all. After spending the last three days with Martzia he had finally gotten to know the woman she was hiding behind those walls. Or at least he hoped so.

“If I know my Lou she’s already fallen for him,” Harry said clapping his large hand over Louis’ shoulder.

“It’s not like that,” Louis sputtered upset at his friend’s assumption. “We are merely good friends. Marty and I aren’t a couple.”

“So she’s available?” Liam asked. “I must say she is quite beautiful. Hardworking too!”

“Stay away from Marty!” Louis practically shouted inside the small bar. His friends shot him curious looks and he buried his head in his hands.

“I think Lou has a crush,” Niall called out in a singsong voice.

“I do not,” Louis grumbled back. “She’s a friend.”

“A friend you want to fuck,” Harry teased. Louis reached out a hand and slapped him upside his head. “Ow! Lou! I was only teasing!”

“Well shut up,” Louis murmured. “I don’t want to hear it.” What he actually didn’t want to hear was that they were so close to the truth of the matter. Louis had become closer to Marty than ever before. And if he was honest with himself, a part of him wished they were more than just friends. But Marty was still hurting from before. He couldn’t just force his feelings on her. What if she didn’t feel the same? What if she thought he was still some loser? After all she was paid to make him look good. Maybe part of that involved her being sweet to him so he would complete all the tasks on her to do list. This was all getting too confusing.

“Oh. My. GOD!” a familiar female voice shouted out into the bar. “It’s freaking One Direction! Can you believe our luck?”

“Oh God,” Harry groaned. “Not another crazy fan. How the hell did they find us this time? Who tweeted a picture?” Louis giggled as Harry cast an accusing glare towards Liam and Niall who had often caused them to be found by fans after tweeting pictures of where they were.

“I swear to God, Hazza,” Liam pled. “I haven’t tweeted in hours. You can even check my phone!”

“Haz, our fans are better than the FBI,” Niall said as he guzzled down more of his pint. “I’m sure they found us all on their own.” Louis finally looked up at the two women approaching them and groaned. Seriously?

“I think this one might be my fault,” Louis groaned. “You all remember Marty.”

“And I am her beautiful vision of a friend Giovanna,” Gio said almost squealing as she stood in front of the boys.

“I knew there was a reason you suggested we go out to a bar,” Mar grumbled. “And now I know why you were so specific about which bar.”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about,” Gio giggled with delight. She was like a kid in a candy store, but Martzia looked ready to run.  Mar was now more than upset with her best friend. Gio had spent almost an hour convincing her that what they needed was to go out and have drinks as girlfriends. Just the two of them. At no point had she mentioned four British and one Irish lad joining them.