Chapter 80 - Queenstrial

"Let us all welcome His Majesty, King Tiberias Calore The Seventh of House Calore and Jacos, Flame of the North!"

I was expecting Cal to leave me behind but he dragged me to his side and held my hand with the whole Silver nobility looking at us.

"My comrades, with me is Her Royal Highness Princess Delancy Seraphina Mortensen of Gardenia.  She will be also be competing in this day's event," A pause, maybe for me to hear their murmurs and thoughts inside their heads.

"Why would the king let a Red in this glorious event?"

"She will be dead before she could capture the king's heart."

Then finally, I reached Evangeline's head.

"I won't let that girl take the king away from me" She thought.

Others were already formulating a plan, they thought they're five steps ahead of me. On the contrary, I was formulating my own too! To get Cal spit out the girl's name he loves.

"Let the queenstrail commence!" A silver lord announced.

A girl from House Osanos entered the arena. She began manipulating water and moved as if she was one of them.

Meanwhile, I was watching the girls perform their best, with Cal. He was watching them caref - rather bored.

"They improved, that's impressive. However, they should changed their styles!" Cal complained. "I've seen those same presentations during my queenstrial when I was still a prince!" He added.

Evangeline Samos was called, she sunk into a sharp curtsy and locked eyes with me. She smirked first, telling me that she will win this competition. However, I returned her malicious smirk with a smirk that's filled with triumph and malice. Evangeline was furious.

"I believe that Lady Evangeline will do an utterly different thing, Your Majesty" I whispered to Cal's ear and making sure it looks like I was whispering something intimate to him, to make Evangeline even furious.

"A very impressive move, Princess. I'm very pleased to make you sit beside me" Cal replied, returning the 'intimate' gesture. He even winked!

Due to my huge embarrassment, my face blushed fiercely and I tried to hide it with my loose hair. Tiberias Calore The Seventh, placed a kiss on my forehead. In the background, I heard Evangeline Samos's gasped and the other girls followed her lead. The blades still hovered around her made their points directly at me. She cast her arms at me, sending the blades in a swift motion, breaking the glass that divides us. But before I could ever reached her head and freeze her movements, Cal's fire already went up, melting every single metal with its fury.

"THIS IS RIDICULOUS!" Ptolemus Samos shrieked.

Together with his sister, they tried to attack me but never succeeded. I got ahold of their minds, forcing their abilities and body with my own mind but leaving them conscious enough to witness me PLAYING them.

"MONSTER!" Ptolemus screamed.

The people were shocked, to the point that they weren't believing what Cal says.

"And so I've been told!" I laughed at him.

"The king won't give the crown to a pathetic Red like you!" She still has the guts to insult me even with her head in my hands.

Angry, I stride towards her, leaving Cal to watch me do what I wish, since he wants me to prove them wrong.

"I don't care about the crown! I care about watching you fail, every time you try to crawl yourself up," I shot. "Lady Evangeline" I spat her name like a saliva.

No one dared to come and stop me.

"I believe your time is up, Samos," I said, casting her a dirty look. "And it's my turn to be the star" I added.

She gritted her teeth in anger. I sent  Ptolemus to sleep and so was her father, Volos Samos, and erased whatever they saw. I want Evangeline to take the embarrassment. Alone.

My ability conquers within. I can't show off like the others did, but I can make them show off for me.

I can control them.

"Dance the Volta, Evangeline!" I whispered.

Immediately, her feet started to do the  tiring and complicated steps of the dance. The people who were stunned, now laughing and having so much fun. They asked for more.

"Spiders. Prison. Silver blood in your hands. Darkness. Fear" I whispered those things inside her head, making her crazy.

The people was now watching carefully, guessing my next move. I don't know how Queen Elara won the Queenstrail,  but I know I can find a way to do it.

"Stop! Stop! Please!" She pleaded.

I drew back, she was panting and sweating the time she got ahold of her head.  I made it too painful for her to notice me. Like a cold - hearted Silver would do, especially like a House Merandus will do, I walked away. Leaving a weak Evangeline behind.

My face was blank, no emotions. I forced myself to use the mask I use whenever I'm playing the 'General' card.

"Excellent work!" Cal praised.

"That's what you want right?" I asked.

"Yes. Unpredictable and sophisticated"

"Thank you, Your Majesty"

"Likewise, Your Highness"

Cal gave a farewell and left the arena with me. He took me to the room I will be staying in.

"Rest for now, Delancy. You're exhausted from the trip and from the competition. I will be fetching you for dinner" Cal says.

"Thank you, Cal" I said. "Oops! I meant Your Majesty"

Cal chuckled at my mistake.

"Whenever we're alone, Cal would do just fine" He said.

"What if, this bores me?"

"The library is five doors away from here. I picked this place to make you comfortable," He said. "And if you need something, my room is just another five doors away from the library" His face was flushed

I smirked at him.

"You want to keep me near you," I said. "Am I right?"

Cal nod his head in approval.

"Why?"

He looked at me directly to my eyes.

"It's not about any promises I've made. It's a  different. You will know it in time" He kissed my hand before walking away gracefully.

I have to make a way to get Cal to notice me. Because this time, Maxon got his forever after and told me to make my own. So I'm hoping to make my forever after with someone who knows me inside and out. Who know me better than anyone.

Someone whose name is Tiberias Calore the Seventh.