Chapter 25-Wiped

We went to the conference room. I stopped when Maxon appeared, Cal looked at me concerned. I stared at Maxon, disbelief in my eyes.

"You alright, Del?" Cal's voice snapped me out of my thoughts.

Words cannot escape my mouth. I embraced him and let my tears speak. He run his fingers through my hair. Kissing it gently.

"Cal... I Love You" I cried. His eyes lit up, then kissed me.

I'm going to miss this moments....
I'm going to miss him...

"I love you too" He replied, kissing me again.

His words were enough, I don't want him to get sad. I don't want to do this but, I have to. I used my ability on him, erasing our memories together. He knows me but that's it, no romantic thing.

I pulled away, his robotic body stood there. Maxon witnessed everything. I touched Maxon's hand and settled beside him. I wiped away the tears, ready to let Cal go.

"Wake up" I whispered under my breath.

He looked at us normally.

"Delancy. Maxon, are you heading for the Conference Room?" Cal asked.

"Uh...." Maxon prolonged, looking at me.

"Yes, we're heading to the Conference Room... Shall we?" I turned to Maxon.

Maxon nodded. Cal walked ahead of us, not knowing everything.

"What was that all about?" Maxon asked, curiously.

I sighed, giving answers to his questions. I gave him everything in his mind, every kiss, every detail.

"I see" He just said.

We entered the room, everyone's there. Including Andrew's family, I sat beside Amielle, in front of Maxon.

"We agree to your plans... Maven and Wendy will unite, it's already polished" King Roland says.

Maven stood up and made his way to Wendy.

"Princess Wendy" He called out, Wendy stood up, playing with her fingers and glancing at me. I gave her an encouraging smile.

"In the eyes of my Royal father and the noble court, I would ask for your hand in marriage. I pledge myself to you, Wendy Vynelle Mortensen. Will you accept?" Maven proposed.

She gulped, looking at Maven's eyes and smiled.

"I pledge myself to you, Maven Calore.... I accept" She breathed out.

She doesn't have a choice. Just like me.

"Betrothal of Princess Wendy and Prince Maven.... Please sign these papers for official statements" An Adviser says. Handing Our parents papers, Wendy and Maven to sign. Wendy signed it and so did Maven.

She's the bridge between Norta and Gardenia. She will be the Red Princess and only red on a silver throne. Maven sat beside her, secretly slipping a ring on her now empty finger. She smiled in delight. Rather a practiced delight.

"I'm going to get married for the second time"

Someone in my head said. Its not someone, it's a voice I'm very familiar of. I looked at her and she gave me a nod and a smile.

Wendy was just like me...

"We're the same?!"

"I'm afraid we are"

"But how?"

"Library incident... Amielle's outburst... It was me, I confessed to Mathew that's why he cooled down easily"

"Amielle thought it was me... I was almost screwed!"

"I know! I should've told you... And well, Thank you for everything.... By the way, I know what happened to Cal"

"He won't remember a thing"

"He maybe won't, now. But eventually he will, a loving heart doesn't forget"

I looked at Cal, staring at me. Like he's figuring out something about me.

"Now... For Illéa and Gardenia" King Roland says. Cutting our conversation.

"My daughter agrees" Dad choked out. Hating the thought of me marrying someone I don't love. Clarkson grinned.

Maxon grabbed my hand and he led us to the window. My legs were shaking, knowing Cal was watching. I wanted to run, to escape, to say NO. But I can't, because I they know that I won't.

My body was being played, I can't do those things. Say things I want, to give me and Cal one last chance together.

"Delancy" I looked at his brown eyes. He's about to cry in agony. Just like me! Then he got down on one knee.

"Things didn't went just like we want them to. I was saving this position for someone else, and you know that, like your 'yes' is also saved for someone but it's not to be.... Del, I promise I won't be the badass husband.

I grinned.

"I won't stress you on having kids, I will give the freedom to do whatever you please, I won't judge. Just be with me till the end... Be my better half, my queen, my wife...

This is it!!!!!!!

"Will you marry me?" He breathed out.

I will wake up in his arms instead of Cal's, have his blonde hair and brown eyes in my kids instead of Cal's features, I will be his Queen, Illéa's Queen instead of Cal's and Norta's, lastly, SCHREAVE on my name instead of CALORE.

I know I have no choice in my answer, I couldn't stop comparing my life with him and with the man I love. He needs to hear it, They need to hear me say it. I'm meant to do this, for my people. I spared one last glance at Cal, saying goodbye for our dreams. Forever.

"Yes" I answered. They all sighed in relief. Even my brothers and dad. I looked at Cal and he still looked the same.

Maxon placed an engagement ring on my finger. Gold with purple and white gems on it. We sat down, playing with the new ring I have.

"The Betrothal of Princess Delancy and Prince Maxon... please these papers to make it official" The adviser from Illéa says.

"Wendy will stay with us, just like the tradition. Is that okay?" King Tiberias asked.

"Yes it is okay" Wendy answered for all of us. "Gives me time to know Prince Maven better"

......................

"Can we go to the Garden?" I asked Maxon.

"Of course, Lead the way, love" He winked, giving me a hint that our relationship will be fine.

I'm still not interested!

"Del, can you conta-" He was cut off by a running Amielle.

"Getting cheesy are we?" Amielle bumped me.

"You idiot!!" I shrieked, chasing him.