Holy shit.

I sit there for a few moments, trying to control my breathing. Glancing over to my right, I'm happy to find a still-sleeping Kirstie. Gently climbing over her - being careful not to wake her up - I enter her ensuite and stare at myself in the mirror. Dark bags hang under my eyes from a lack of sleep and nutrition.

It was just a nightmare.

He's right though.

He wasn't real.

But in the dream you referred to him as 'the one you had grown to love.' That's true, isn't it?

No. I don't love him. Just like him.

How much ice-cream did you eat?

I bite my lip and dig my nails into my palms.

More than Kirst that's for sure.

She said she wasn't hungry.

Only because you were eating it all.

Something digs into my back but I ignore it.

When was the last time you went for a run?

When I passed out.

That was - what? Three months ago? No wonder you're looking pudgy.

I squeeze my eyes shut.

It's only when I stand up do I realise that I was huddled in a ball against the bath, nails digging into the skin of my wrist.

Casting one last glance over at Kirstie, I exit her room and walk past Scott's and Mitch's room to get to mine. Scott hadn't been in his room yet; he was sleeping in the living room downstairs, apparently too drunk to walk up to his own bed. I grab my discarded clutch from the ground and grab my phone out, unlocking it and going into an app I hadn't been in in a while: Pointers.

Sup3rfruitler2013: Hey Shane, haven't talked in a while. Sorry, I've been busy. Are you okay?

After a slight shake of my head, I delete the question and then send the message. His response is almost immediately after.

BVBBOY666: I haven't really wanted to message you....

Sup3rfruitler2013: Oh

My heart stops. What? Not five seconds later, he sends another message.

BVBBOY666: Wait Skylar I didn't mean it like that.

BVBBOY666: I haven't wanted to message you because I've gone back to a dark place but this time it's worse.

Sup3rfruitler2013: I'll be right back.

BVBBOY666: Oh.

I quickly shut my door, turn my light on a dim setting and grab my laptop. Not even worrying about my hair or what I look like, I sit on my bed and log into Skype.