Chapter 12

Before I start the chapter, I thought I'd say that you guys are the best! Thanks for the comments, they mean a lot.
Enjoy the chapter :)

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

*Jess's POV*

"How come ya never told me yer birthday was today?"

"Its jus' so cheesy. The forth of July," I chuckle, "Everyone's already cerebratin' anyway."

"Do I get to steal ya tonight?"

"I don't know, do ya?" I tease. He does a little scoff laugh, causing me to smile. "I'm booked all day, but I'll be down at the lake tonight for fireworks."

"I'll see wha' I can do."

"Jess, are ya ready yet!" Emma yells from down stairs.

"Gotta go," I laugh, hanging up the phone.

"We only have until two o' clock woman, let's get a move on," she snaps her fingers at me, now being in my door way. "Its only eleven."

"Yes, but we have to take you out for lunch, then we have to go shopping. Your parents want you back here by two, so they can take you out to dinner!"

"Yes ma'am," I respond, pulling a short-sleeve fannle out of the closet to go with my white shorts. "Let's get going," Amy commands, holding onto my door frame and leaning in my room.

It took me a couple weeks, but I finally let her apologize and then excepted it. She is one of my best friends. Although, after that, I haven't really considered her a best friend. I don't know, maybe I'm being hard on her, but I am more of one to hold grudges.

"Are we ever going to leave?" Caroline, the third one in my bedroom asks. "Ugh," I tip my head up for emphasis, "Give me time lady's."

"Are we ready?" Emily asks. I send her a 'really' look. "What?" She looks to her left, seeing everyone already in here. "I'll wait in the car," she crinkles her noes and nods.

I let a small grin role onto my lips as I shake my head. I grab my sunglasses and getsture out my door, "Vamanos."

We stop at a little restaurant in order to fill our stomach before shopping for a couple of hours.

"Amy, I'm askin' ya for my birthday present, not to dye yer hair," I drench a fry in ketchup, throwing it into my mouth. "I'm just saying, I'm the only brunette in this group. You four have blonde hair," she shrugs. "Which makes you stand out, that's not a bad thing," Caroline assures her. "Not even a dirty blonde?"

"No," we all say at the same time.

Caroline's phone goes off, peeking my interest. She beams down at her screen, responding as soon as possible.

"Alright, its noon, we better get to the mall." They all silently agree by throwing away their garbage and gathering their things. We all pile back into Emma's little blue car. I get the passenger seat, it being my birthday and all.

∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞∞

"These boots are. So. Cute," Emily says half demonically. I laugh at her then admire the boots in her hands, "Yeah, they'd look cute on ya."