{0.1}

3.2.15

         "Finally! I'm done." I exclaim after finishing up my last twist. It's exhausting twisting my hair each night, but I wouldn't trade my hair for anything. I love having natural hair.

     I stand up from my mirror, grab my phone and head to bed. I turn out my lamp by my bedside and unlock my phone. I get on Instagram, scroll and like a few pictures and that is when I come across this guys page. Its so different from what I'm used to seeing... there isn't one selfie on here. Its full of art, so much meaning behind them. I'm impressed.

     I continue to stalk his page but after awhile I get bored. I scroll back up to the beginning and hit the follow button.  I turn my phone off and hit the sack.

~•••~

     Beep Beep Beep!

     I turn over and groan. Why do I have to wake up so early every single morning? I turn on my back and stare at my ceiling. Do I really need this job? I wonder.  Of course I do, who else is going to pay for the apartment bills?

    I roll out of bed and make my way to my bathroom and turn on some music. My mood is instantly lifted when 1975 begins to play on shuffle. They are so good.

    I grab my face cleanser and begin cleansing my face, getting completely rid of whatever make-up I had left on my face. After I finish, I begin applying make-up this time, with a fresh face. I apply eyebrow pomade to my eyebrows for my finishing touch, and begin on my hair.

    I take off my bonnet and undo my twist. They unravel into this beautiful curly afro, which leaves me satisfied.
I go back into my room about to get dressed when I get a call. I check the caller ID and roll my eyes before answering the phone.

      I put a fake smile on before answering, "Hello mother dearest, how are you?" I ask. Theres a pause, I can tell her patience is being tested. Good. "Hello Aubrey, I'm fine. How are you doing?" She replies in a clipped tone.

    "Oh, I'm just peachy, especially when I get a special call from you!" I reply in an artificially enthusiastic tone. Will she just cut the bull and get straight to what she wants? I don't have the time.

     "Yeah okay whatever, look in exactly two months, your father has arranged a big dinner for your sister for her pre-graduation. You are expected to be there with a date, understood?" She demands. I sigh, knowing there is no way I can get out of this.

    "Yes mother, anything else?" I wait for more demands but surprisingly there isn't one. She just sighs, "No Aubrey, I will call you later." Then she hangs up. No 'I love you', nothing. Thats okay though, I'm completely used to it.

    I finish getting ready before heading out.

~•••~

     "You have a great day! I hope to see you again." I yell out to what seems the one-hundredth costumer today. I check the clock, only forty-five minutes left till my break. I hear the door chime, allowing me to know, yet another costumer has arrived.

    I look up and my breath is sucked out of me. Good gosh, who is this beautiful creature and to what do I owe the pleasure? I think. He walks up to my register and gives me a brief smile to which I return.

     "Hi, welcome to Six O' Clock Cafe, how may I help you?" I ask. He looks up at the menu above my head, before making eye contact with me again. "What would you recommend?" He asks, in a British accent, which takes me off guard.

    I ponder for a bit. "Um, my favorite is the salty caramel latte with a shot of espresso, its not too sweet, not too bitter." I reply.

     He nods, "I guess I'll try that." He says in his deep voice. Kill me now. I ring him up and give him his left over change before having my co-worker make his drink. Once, he finished the finishing touch of the gentleman's drink, I call him over.

     "Heres your drink sir, I hope you have great day!" I flash him a smile. He chuckles a bit, before nodding at me, making his way out of the café. Brielle, my co-worker nudges me in the shoulder.

     "Who was that? He was totally checking you out." She says with a smirk. I snort and roll my eyes.

    "Yeah right, thats almost as absurd as you saying you're married to Johnny Depp." I retort. She just laughs at me and shakes her head.

    "Hey, you never know." With that, she walks to the back to clean out the rest of our cups and I get back to working.

~•••~

       Later on that night, I head back to my apartment after getting a drink out with Brielle. I shower and change into some comfortable shorts and an oversized shirt I stole from my older brother a few years back.

     I grab my phone as I sit on my couch and turn on some music to relax me. Music is one of the best therapies, I'm telling you. Its helped me cope through so many problems in life.

     I launch the Instagram app and scroll through my feed, its the same pointless garbage thats on there everyday. I'm not sure why I keep this account, or even why I get on here so much. No one ever post anything remotely entertaining, except... that boys page!

    I search for his page and finally find it. I'm surprised to see he posted a picture fifty-three minutes ago. I click on the picture and what I see shocks me.

     The picture is of hand holding, Six O' Clocks signature to-go cup, with the caption, 'Tried a new little coffee shop, was recommended this drink called Salty Caramel. I liked it.' I re-read the caption over twice.

    Is it really possible that the same guy I met today, is the same guy I've been Instagram stalking? This is way too coincidental. I close the app and just sit there frozen.

    I'm completely shocked. Will I ever get to meet him again? Or even learn his name? So many questions run through my head. I don't know why I'm so fascinated with him, I don't even have a clue as to who this man could be.

     He just seemed so different, and I want to learn more.

~••••••••••••~

This was the first chapter of Internal guys! It gets better. Please keep reading!

                          -KayUnwritten