Chapter 29

Feet don’t fail me now
Take me to the finish line
Oh my heart it breaks every step that I take
But I’m hoping at the gates,
They’ll tell me that you’re mine

Walking through the city streets
Is it by mistake or design
I feel so alone on the Friday nights
Can you make it feel like home, if I tell you you’re mine
It's like I told you honey
-Lana Del Rey

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 29

Fear.

Fear is something we feel in daily life. It’s a warning alarm when we take a risk. To our lives, to our family, for our family. Fear can be of many kinds. Fear warned us to stop what we were about to do, but we ignored it and later it stabbed us hard.

I always feared of this day, but I never thought it would come this close. I took a risk falling in love with this guy. I did. I feared this was going to happen, although I knew it was going to, but deep down I wish this never happened. But it did…I have to leave him. My only love, the only person who cares about me. Zayn.

‘I want you to leave.’ These five words were my fear.

I stared at him, just him. My whole world collapsed at those five words. My vision was blurry due to tears. He just poured out his whole life in front of me, and now he wants me to leave him. I blink as more tears make it impossible for me to see.

“Why…why did you tell me...” I ask, so many questions go through my head. My heart beats are faster. He takes a while to answer. “I just want to tell you before you…leave,” he says with a shaky breath. 'Leave’ another stab to my already wounded heart.

“Why, Zayn?” I sobbed, moving closer to him. He pulled back. I shattered at the spot. "I just want you to be safe,” he says, looking away.

“I don’t care. I want to be with you.” I bite back my sob. “You have to, Faith. I’m know what I'm doing is right,” he said, pushing himself up. I did the same. “Please Zayn. Where would I go? I just don’t…” I can’t control myself from breaking into tears.

“I’m sending you to medical school. You're good in that. You can be something better. It's best for you,” he said, his back facing me. “Please,” I said. “No Faith. Don’t make it difficult. And it’s what you want. I’m just bad news for you. I took your virginity. I treated you wrong. I used you. I always hurt you…”

He was looking straight outside. “You never hurt me. What we share will always be special for me. You were the only one who ever cared about me. You never treated me wrong. You never used me. You...you’re special to me.” He turned around searching for my eyes.

I glance up at him “Faith…you’re special to me.” He cupped my cheek. I was affected by his touch. I’m going to miss his touch, his presence, his eyes, his lips....everything about him. How am I going to survive without knowing what he’s doing? I’m going to be a mess.

I move forward, kissing his lips slowly. He stayed still refusing to give in. “Faith, no.” I searched his eyes. “Please? For the sake of our last time...let me capture your lips.”

I kiss him again. He kissed me back with the passion that I always felt in his kisses. This was the last time. The thought breaks me. I hold his neck, my other hand running through his soft hair. His warmth, I’m going to miss it.

He pulled away but I’m not ready to stop the kiss. He breathing came out ragged. “Sleep Faith. You’re leaving tomorrow,” he said, laying me down. I stared at him as he lays beside me. I hold his hand nervously, but he intertwines them. They fit perfectly together.