Chapter 20

I can't sit back and wonder why.
It took so long for this to die.
And I hate it when you fake it.
You can't hide it you might as well embrace it.
So believe me it's not easy.
It seems that something's telling me,

Maybe we're just trying too hard.
When really it's closer than it is too far
-Sum 41

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Chapter 20 (Edited)

*FAITH’S P.O.V*

I don’t care anything right now, my body went stiff. As I heard the deep voice from behind. Snow covering my hands as I stand there breathless.
I turned around, my throat went dry. I shut my eyes as I fully turned around. My heart was beating at a speed of thunder. I opened my eyes slowly, as I looked at Zayn.

If I was not nervous yet, I bet was now. He stands five feet away from me, inside the roof. A small lamp glowing at the roof, on top of his head making his whole body shine. I just adorned his looks. My eyes wandered from top to bottom. Taking in his looks. He was wearing a faded jeans that hangs on his lower body perfectly. A black sweater that just makes me whimper at the spot. And a beanie—a grey colored beanie that just makes him look so cute and hot at the same time. He never wears a beanie. And top it all He was smoking.

Throwing his cigarette in the trash bin, he made his way to me.  Until he stands inches away from me, his tall figure hovers mine. “What are you doing here?”  He asks again. I looked into his eyes, they were calm. He doesn’t sound or look mad.

Now he was also in snow, his beanie covers with small snow particles. His eye lashes also holding small white crystals making him look so beautiful. I gasped. He is such a beautiful man.
“Faith?” his voice was low.

I gulped hard; he was waiting for my answer. “I—I can’t sleep, so I uhm came downstairs to watch the snow fall”

He still looks at my eyes but didn’t say anything. I waited for a few minutes but they seem like hours-years. The depth of his eyes making me burn.

“You can’t sleep so can’t I” he said never leaving my eyes. “You—you like snow” I asked him.
“No but I love feeling numb from outside, Coldness makes me numb” he was being true and himself right now. And why it hurts that he wants to feel numb outside. What does he really mean.

“And inside?” before I could stop I asked him. “There is nothing left inside, that’s numb already.” His eyes show hurt and pity for himself.
He smirks, but his eyes show no glint. I don’t know but I want to comfort him take away all of his pain away from him but I don’t know how.

He removes the beanie from his head, ruffling his hair. He came closer and placed that beanie on top of my head. My body went stiff as he placed it. I breathe out as he pulled away. His eyes cold without a trance of expression.

“Let’s go inside, you can catch a cold” I followed him as he made his way inside.

He stands in front of the refrigerator. “Want some hot chocolate?” he said looking at me with amusement. All the color which he showed earlier faded away.

I chuckled, and then understand what I just did so I covered it up with fake cough. “You okay?” he said leaving the fridge. I nodded. “You—you can’t make hot chocolate” I said. My voice still comes out as a laugh.

“Are you offending me?” he narrowed his eyes

I shook my head, “no-no I can make hot chocolate” I offered. “No I’m making it, you want?” he narrowed his eyes at me. I nodded.

He starts making it by pouring coco syrup and milk in the pan. I just observe him, as he deeply concentrated in making it. I sat on the stool and saw him making his master piece.
“I thought you can’t uhm cook and all” I said nervously.
“I can cook a bit, small things” I nodded.

“Here” he said placing a cup in front of me. I take the hot-smoking cup in my hand. “Thanks” I smiled. He also sat on a stool in front of me. I take the sip of hot chocolate, all the flavor burst in my mouth. First I felt chocolate then sugar and then caramel. Yum. He could actually make it. “This is awesome, best hot chocolate I have ever tasted” I grinned sipping another sip.

He chuckled taking his own sip slowing as his lips went dark pink. I starred at them for long until my eyes met his. “You look cute in a beanie” he said. I blushed deeply. I looked away from his gaze “thanks”.

We sat in silence for long until he broke it. “Do you like my parents?” he said looking at the side not me. This relaxes me because every time he looks at me I can’t find my voice.

“Yes—yes they are so sweet” I said smiling. He chuckled “really? You looked like you were gonna pee any moment”. I looked at him dumbfounded. Did he just say pee in pants?

“Yes you were really scared weren’t you?” he said laughing. “Yes I’m” I huffed. His laughter dead, he looked at me seriously. “I didn’t mean to make you sad” he pouts slightly. I laughed “no—no I’m not sad”

He nodded taking a sip. I asked him something which was bothering me, before my strength vanishes “why you live here in London and not with your parents”. My question changes the whole atmosphere. Tension was thick. I thought Zayn would never answer it but he did.

“I’m escaping from my past” he said coldly. Without any expression on his face.
“Your mom misses you” I said before I could shut my mouth. He chuckled dryly “I know, but I made my decision before I left home” he said.

He was escaping from his past. Why? What happened in the past? I want to know but I can’t find the right time or phrase. And most of all, I don’t want to feel hurt if Zayn doesn’t tell me.
I don’t want that to happen. This is not a right time to ask him. Maybe one day he will tell me.

“Are you going to the engagement” I said changing the topic. His body relaxes “of course, it’s my sister’s engagement. And so are you” he said smiling, A genuine smile. “You are coming right?” I nodded smiling.

Both silent, but after a long pause he said “Call me Zayn”. His eyes met mine. I smiled “okay”. I’m grinning inside, jumping from up to down. Clapping my hands. He said I can call him Zayn. That means I made one step closer to him. That’s quite an achievement.

“Mr. Malik sounds old and I’m not that old” he grinned. I nodded.

I couldn’t stop myself I stand up and moved closer to him. Kissing his cheek, I stayed like that for moments as his body stiffens. I inhaled his fragrance. I remove my hand from his other cheek and pull away. I blushed as his eyes bores holes in me.

“I-I’m sorry” I said. I just made a fool of myself.

“Faith” I looked at him. His eyes met mine.
“Never come close enough, that later you’ll regret it” his voice low but strong. He sounds hurt.
I never regret a single moment with you Zayn. I said to myself. My voice didn’t support me.

“It’s late we better sleep” he said placing his cup on the table. I nodded. I start removing the beanie.
“No take it, it suits you” he said smiling a little. I smiled “thanks”

He makes his way upstairs, glancing back at me “good night Faith”
he turned around, I bet he was smirking.

“Good night…. Zayn” I shouted a little. He stops and nodded. Then makes his way upstairs. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note; helloooooo guys did you like the chapter tell ya :D
trailer comming soon :)
banners are always welcome :D
one request can you guys check my other stories? if you like them i continue them too. pls tell

vote and comment!! hope you like

follow my twitter puweasseee; @zaynika_forever
okay bye love ya,...