"Why do you still look beautiful when you cry?" he teased, making me blush a little.

     "You silly!" I snapped, lightly punching his arms.
      He laughed at my strength yanking my hand away, "Why don't we watch some movie?" he suggested.

The night passed by easily. It's like time is running too fast that hours felt like minutes and minutes felt like seconds. But my habit in wasting my time never changes. I opened my eyes lazily squinting because of the shining light from the window. I stood up taking one last glance to my untidy bed and made my way to the bathroom.

     The coolness of the water was interacting with my warm skin as I dipped myself to the bathtub. I washed my body with the bubbly soap and after I finished, I covered my nude body by the towel that was hanging on the rake near the door.

     I scanned my drawer looking for an attire that will fit my mood today. After an hour of testing different kind of clothing I finally end up with my denim shorts and my loose blouse.
     I tied my hair into a ponytail, leaving my room untidy and made my way to Darcy's room to check her out. Her soft wavy hair covered her face as she sleeps, her body cuddling the big pillow like what Harry do every time he fall asleep. Shit. Why am I thinking about him again?

     I quietly closed the door, avoiding the creaking sounds and made my way downstairs to the kitchen. The early morning scene greeted me as I passed by the living room where Dad is watching some NEWS and drinking coffee. I greeted him good morning and continued my way to the kitchen.
     I automatically grabbed the ingredients from the drawers and placed everything on the counter. I readied my utensils and the pan and started mixing the ingredients. The directions in making a pancake flashed into my mind and the scene together with the when someone taught me how to make this. After finishing the mixing and preparing, I put the batter into the pan and waited for it to be cooked.

     I placed the pancake in a huge plate and put it on the counter together with the chocolate syrup and the milk.

     "'thish pawn cwake is s'ho pwerfect!"

     I jumped at the naive voice behind.

      I turned and saw Ian taking a big bite from the pancake I made for Darcy, munching a huge amount of food in his mouth. I rolled my eyes, putting the plate away from him.

     "This is for Darcy, Ian!" I said after turning back to the pancake I'm cooking.

     He gulped at my reaction, chocking everything in his mouth. "I didn't know!"

     I didn't respond, until a sleepy girl's voice took my attention. "Yeah, thatsh my pwan cwake!" 

     I placed the last set of pancake on the plate and put it in front of Darcy with the fork and a glass of milk. She immediately took the chocolate syrup and swirled it to the pancake. She took a big bite leaving some smears at the side of her mouth.

     "Can I have some, Darcy?" Ian pleaded, pouting.

     Darcy smiled playfully, putting her tongue out and continued eating while Ian continued pleading. "If you mwake me fawny pawn cwake faces!" Darcy dared.

     Ian clapped his hand and made Darcy some funny faces in the pan cake. They both laughed while they eat talking about nonsense things that they only understand.

     I watch them from the corner laughing at each other as I smile at their simple gestures that means a lot to me, especially Darcy. I just love watching them so happy even if I'm not.

     After breakfast, I gave Darcy a playful bath because she smelled like chocolate. Ian and I both played with her in the room which was good since she's not thinking about parks and shopping. This gave us more time to be together.

    We are all playing charade, her favorite game, when she stopped to hug me. "Mom," she looked at me with a pleading cute puppy eyes. "Can I have aysh cweam?"

     "Oh, why not?" I exclaimed making her happily jumped up and down on the bed.
     We all laughed and made our way to the kitchen. Ian lifted her to a stool in the counter while I made my way to the fridge. Both of their eyes are concentrating to my movements as I placed the bucket to the counter. I made my way to the next drawer and grabbed the scoop for the ice cream.

     When I went back, Darcy is already yelling to Ian while the teaser Ian kept on telling Darcy that strawberry was much better than chocolate and because Darcy is stubborn to hate strawberry she rolled her eyes covering her ears.
     "Chocoleyt's delishous!" she protested, yelling.

     I made my way to them, scolding Ian for his immaturity and gave Darcy what she wants. She thanked me for the ice cream and she immediately took a spoonful of ice cream and sucked it in her mouth.

     We brought Darcy to the living room and let her seat on the couch between Ian and I. We were watching the animated movie 'Rise of the Guardians', Darcy's favorite.

     I watched Darcy licking her smeared fingers and the outer side of her lips because of the chocolate while Ian scolded Darcy and wiped the stains on her hands and face.

     Moments passed by and I kept myself busy by sketching the engagement gown of Annika when Darcy started the topic that tempted me to eavesdrop.

     "Uncle Ian," Darcy started, sitting at Ian's lap. "Ish my father just awound?" 

     I stopped what I'm doing to look at Ian who was already looking at me. We were surprised by her question.

     Ian looked at Darcy smiling. "Yes of course," he answered, stuttering.

     I warned him one last time.

    "Will I even mwet him?"

     Ian heaved a deep breath and cupped Darcy's face making her giggle. "Yes," he assured.

...

19, 000 reads! Wow. Unbelievable and thank you very much!

cynthnie.x