40. Merill

I was lying down the dirty floor, when Annika's mom went inside.

     "Good Morning, Merill, good to see you suffering," She greeted with a wide evil smile.

     I didn't bother answering back. My phone is still with me and I hid it somewhere that no one can see, I still have a chance to save myself. I tried to give her a weak callous smile.

     "I heard Harry went crazy when he knew you're with me. How amazing! He didn't even cry when my daughter died," she laughed.

      "You know why?" I said, "'cause Harry never loved your daughter."

      She looked at me and tried to slap me but I stopped her and did it instead.

      "Does it hurt?" I said, bravely.

      I looked at her turning red while she slowly pointed her gun at me.

      "Kill me, then. I rather see heaven than see your face," I teased.

     She laughed. "I'm not going to kill you of course. You need to meet hell first before you see heaven," she said, putting her gun back down.

      "What you do to others, is what others will do to you. Do you think this quote will perfectly fit our situation?" I said.

      "I don't believe in that," she said, trying to control her temper.

     "Oh, you should start believing in that saying then," I smiled.

     She couldn't manage to say her reply and before I could say anything, she walked out stamping her feet. I laughed hard the way she became that angry with just words. I lean my back on the wall and took my phone under a scrap of cloth. I opened the gallery and watched Harry's and Darcy's picture. I hope they are fine and safe. I wanted to call Harry but I don't want him to do anything foolish that will harm him.

     I dialed Ed's number and it started to ring.

     "Ed!"

     "Merill, how are you? Are you fine? Are you still hurt?"

     "I'm still alive, Ed. Did you come back safe with Kaitlyn?"

     "Yes, we are now safe. Thanks to you of course,"

     "That's good..." I smiled as hot tears fell down my cheeks. At least I saved them.

     "Merill, I'm going to call Harry and the others. Don't hang up, okay?"

     "No, Ed! Don't call them!"

     "What? But why?"

     "You can tell them after the call. I don't have much time but can I speak to Darcy?"

     "Of course. She's here with me, I'll call her... Darcy, come here. Mommy wanna talk to you."

     "Mommy!"  My little angel said.

     "Hello, Darcy, how are you?"

     "FAYN!"

     "Be good to Daddy Harry always, okay?"

     "OKAY!"

     "Take care, Darcy. And tell Daddy that Mommy loves him."

     "DADDY LABS YOW TOW!"

     "Tell him to take good care to himself."

     "OKEY!"

     "I love you, Darcy, good bye. Mommy loves you!"