03. Merill

"Shut up," he flustered. "You never even cared about me and now, you're thinking about me. You're such a great liar!"
     "Please, Ian, don't flatter yourself. It's not really all about you," I laughed, "it's just every time I see you with Darcy, a thought will just come to me that I wish you are Harry."
      The room went silent, only the sound of our breathing and the vibration of my phone were the only thing that we could hear. I reached for my bag in a mini table in Darcy's room and took my phone. Upon unlocking it, twenty-five messages and thirty missed calls appeared in the screen and all are from Reggie.
      I opened the inbox and saw the messages he sent me, "Darling, why are you not replying?" "Darling, did I do something wrong? I'm so sorry." "C'mon, Love, please answer my call. I'm worried."
      I shut my phone off, not minding his worries and apologies that doesn't even make sense. All my sadness and pain doesn't have anything about him.
      "Who was that?"
      I looked at Ian, worriedly as I placed my phone on the top of the drawer.
      "Was that Reggie?" he asked in confusion.
      I nodded making him understand what I meant. The feeling of losing someone you love is not just sad or lonely, it is a terrible feeling that no one can understand except you.
      Ian carefully made his way out of the bed, making sure Darcy won't wake up. His looks made me more comfortable, remembering that I won't be alone in any problems that I face because he's with me all the time. He's the only guy I know who don't leave girls behind and the only guy who will always comfort you through sickness and in wealth.
      Our warmth collided as we both break into a hug. I pressed the right side of my cheek, rejecting the spaces that are forming between us. My grip becoming tighter every time he rubs my back by his large soft palms.
      "Mommy,"
      We both pull from each other when a sound of a newly awaken little angel interrupted our momentum. Her eyebrows connecting and her lips pouting as she frown. Her oblivious jealous movement made Ian and me laugh.
      Reassuring that she's in a bad mood, we both made our way beside her and placing her between us. Her smile widened in realization that we just hug her tight, squeezing her body into the gap between us, but she never complained.
      "I wanna watch Spanj Bowb!" she squealed, happily.
       After hearing Darcy's demand, Ian eventually stood up and turned on the TV placed right in front of the bed. The sound of the advertisement filled my ear while Ian turned the volume up.
      "I'll be right back, Yan, kindly take care of Darcy," I whispered.
      Ian gave me a nod and made his way beside Darcy whose attention is now on the TV.
      I twisted the cold door knob and pushed the door open making a creaking sound but none of them noticed it. I heard the door shut when I went down to the stairs lightly gripping the railings as I take a step down.
      After the low effort in the stairs, I made my entrance into the kitchen where my mother and Elisha are preparing for dinner. I gave Elisha a small smile while she continued placing the plates in the circular table where we usually eat.
      I approached the counter, grabbing some utensils for me, Ian and Darcy and put it on the tray. I filled them up with different kinds of food and beverages.
      Holding the tray with full balance, I made my way up stairs to Darcy's bedroom with full difficulty.
     "Open the door please," I yelled, hoping they will hear me through the wooden door.
      Seconds later, the door swung open revealing a crazy idiot with a smile on his beautiful face, Ian. He moved aside to let me in and slammed the door behind me.
      "Is this for me?" Ian asked, examining the tray.
      "For us," I snapped, and took the plate for me and Darcy.
      I crossed my legs sitting beside Darcy as she joined the rhythm of the entrance song of the cartoon program.
      Feeding a little girl while watching her favorite TV Program is easier. I can feed her the vegetables I want her to eat, the milk she doesn't want to drink and she doesn't care to whatever she's eating just make sure she won't choke it.
       Finally, she finished her food and I lazily put the plates back in the tray and was about to wait to Ian to finish his food when he decided to bring it downstairs and leave me with Darcy.
      The first episode of the TV Program ended and Darcy's response was an angry sigh while pouting. I liked it when she does that that I just laughed at her besides her bad mood.
      Crossing her arms, she stared at the TV angrily planning to attack it with her small fist, when an advertisement came that eventually changed her mood.
      Noticing that Ian was already in the room, I looked at Darcy in awe and watched the TV Advertisement that was playing in the wide screen.
       Five boys were singing a beautiful meaningful song and jumping like crazy on the round platform while millions of fans were squealing, yelling and joining their song. The scene eventually shifted into a blonde guy waving his hand to us, then into a hot bald guy smiling, then to a guy with numerous tattoos in his hands fixing his hair, then to a handsome guy with a brunette hair and into the man with curly wavy hair which he flicked while winking.
      Darcy jumped off from the bed, moving towards the TV and placing her hand to the screen pointing him while whispering the words that Ian whispered to Darcy just this afternoon.
      "My ays, nose, lips, dimpwels, heir..." she murmured, "...evweythin,"
      My eyes stung at the sight I'm watching. I don't know if it's beautiful or bad. My mind arguing if I should stop Darcy or just let her recognize the one who ruined my life and the one who gave me a child who has no idea that he is her father.
     Ian prevented me from falling because of the nauseous that is happening to me. His arms wrapped around my thin body while I'm crying at the scene in front of me. The flashbacks came into my mind again, the horrible and nonstop emotion hit me again, and the unending feeling that I felt for Harry Edward Styles is here again, breaking the remaining pieces that was left in my fragile heart.
      "Daddy!" Darcy exclaimed in triumph, hugging the television.
      I cried more as I heard the word that slipped from Darcy's mouth, the word that I want him to hear from his own daughter. Just seeing Darcy closing her eyes and hugging the TV killed me, I just don't want her to imagine those things, and I want her to feel how it feels to have a father.
      I escaped Ian's light hug and fell to the floor kneeling when everything around us went dark and empty. The blackout scene making me felt more lonely and sad. My mind is empty, inside are just Harry Styles and Darcy.
     The sobs of Darcy made me feel weak while Ian hushed her.
      "Ish he my Daddy?"
      I had no idea how Ian responded. The room went back to normal and I found my urge to get angry at the world. I did everything for him, I gave him everything including my dignity and reputation but it's just like a trash for him.
      A girl who loves him so much with all her heart doesn't deserve to be left behind by a guy who only thinks about himself.
      "He is not your father, Darcy! You don't have a father!"
      A confusing gaze from Ian looked at me, making me realize that I frightened the little girl who doesn't have any idea about what happened between me and her father. She was shaking, hugging Ian tight like she won't leave him and looking at me, scared.
      The effect on me made me cry more. I was about to say sorry when Ian shook his head, telling me not to. I run outside the room, slamming the door and entered my own room. I took a sit at the bottom of the bed, hugging my knees tight.

...

I haven't put some authors note in the last chapter, so i'm going to put some here. :) okay, if you have any questions please don't be shy to ask us, we don't bite. and any compliment or critique 'bout this messy story? just enter your comment. ;) that's all. thank you. love yah. 

 cynthnie.x