"That was odd." Chloe says, staring after the Head of Fire.

     Piper shrugs. "I hear she's shadowing one of the teachers, so she'll have more work then the rest of us. As for what teacher, the Defence against the Elements class. That's where she'd learned the dragon trick, I think." She smiles. "I hear some of the other first years annoyed her so much, she agreed to show us some more tricks later. Maybe even teach us some."

     Chloe smiles, laying back in her bed comfortably. "This is going to be a good year." Then she looks up at us. "We still have a solid half an hour." She looks at Piper then me. "Anyone wanna go look around the grounds? We still have a solid half hour, and we're allowed to leave as long as we're back by the feast."

     "You two go," Piper waves up ahead. "I'm going to unpack, but you should really change into your uniforms first." She adds with a mischivious smile. Chloe and I look from our uniforms, to each other and groan.

                                           ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

     I follow Chloe out of the girl's dorm building, tugging on the skirt of my school uniform. My fire element pin is now on the front of my school uniform, as is Chloe's. I spot some Mist Elemental girls with some guys over by the café, and a few guys with raindrop pins sit on the tables outside of the candy store. A girl with a fire badge strolling down the cobblestone street on a skateboard.

     This girl is tall with light brown hair put into a high ponytail and blue eyes. Suddenly she stops on her skateboard and her blue eyes flicker behind Chloe and me. "Hit the dirt!" She yells. Too late. Strong bursts of water slam into both of us, sending us sprawling onto our faces, soaked. Guys laughing sounded from behind us, as we stand up. 

     Two fourth year guys sit at the café tables, with raindrop shaped pins, laughing thier heads off. The girl who had tried to warn us abandons her skateboard, and strolls over to the two boys, looking at them with an innocent smile on her face. "Hello there. How would you boys like to become the first human candles?" 

     Both boys don't respond, but they hurry in the opposite direction. The girl turns around to look at us with a slightly conserned expression. "Did they put out your flame?" Yes, that's possible. When wet, a fire elemental normally can't use thier gift. Chloe's hair starts to smoke as she glares angerly after the boys. 

     "Yes." She says. "But it'll come back after I'm dry." She shakes out her hair and looks up at the newcomer. "Who exactly are you?"

     "Lydia-Kate." She replies, extending a hand to help us up. "Call me Lydia. The fourth year Water boys think it's funny to go around splashing the Fire Elementals. I already got mine." As she helped me up, I notice for the first time that she's almost as soaked as we are.

     "Thanks for helping us," Chloe says. "I guess that's what we get for thinking this is an escape from trouble-makers."

     "Far from it." Lydia replies with a sigh. "I'm on my way to the lake. They've finally opened the gates to let us in. Head Boy of Water is there to make sure the water students stay in line. And soon, Amber's coming out to show off for the first years that kept pestering her." She laughs a little. "Wanna come along?"

     "Sure," Chloe and I respond at the same time with small shrugs.

     "Great, come on!" She starts in the direction of the lake, with Chloe and me to her sides.  When we reach the lake, the first thing I do id take in my surroundings. The lake is complete with cyrstal-clear water, and pretty white sand. "The Water and Earth fourth-years sure do a nice job cleaning up." Lydia murmers. "How much time do we have left?"

     Chloe checks her watch. "About fifteen minutes."

     "We've got time then," Lydia smiles and glances over to a small group of Earth Elementals. All of them stand there with thier eyes closed, and a portion of sand rises before them all at once, they extend a  hand, and all of the rocks, and dark portions raise, and vanish before they move on. 

     "Cool." I whisper, sitting down with Chloe and Lydia a distance away.  I notice the Water Elementals creating waves, and messing with thier abilities as the first year Water students watch with envious glares. Some Mist Elementals are here too, along with the Ice. I spot Katrina talking with another Ice girl on the far side of the lake.

     It seems we're the only Fire Elementals here. Probably because we don't like swimming as much as the other elements. If we're wet, we can't use our element. We can only produce smoke, or sometimes nothing at all. Same goes for the Earth element. If wet, they can produce mud. Rather fustrating process.

     "Oof!" A water girl seems to drop out of the sky, and lands on her back right next to me, soaked as the stream of water that threw her falls in a rain on top of her. She sits up and glares in the direction of the lake. "Not funny!" I look over the newcomer. She has short snowy hair with green eyes, and she's wearing jeans, a dark blue shirt and a black vest. And she's soaked to the skin.

     "Uhh," Chloe looks around me and Lydia at the stranger. "Hi, so kind of you to drop in."

     The stranger looks back at us. "Oh sorry," She says. "Some of the goons from my element are goofing around, and they think it's funny. I'm Eirlys, by the way. But call me Edge." She glances to us, her short white hair dripping wet. "You all look rather soaked too. Did you get blasted as well?"

     "You could say that," I say grumpily. "We were ambushed by some Water boys. Not the best thing for a Fire Elemental. I'm Nicole. These are Chloe and Lydia." I point to them in turn.

     "Ah,  I see." She replies distastfully, her green eyes resting on our fire pins. "You're Fire." Just then, I hear somebody calling her name. "That's me." She says blankly. "I've gotta scoot." Then she makes her way quickly back toward the Water Elemental girl calling her name.

     At that same moment, I spot Amber walk from the girls' building. The male Fire Head is already here. I think his name is Blaise or something. Fitting. "Fire Elementals!" She shouts. "Please follow your correct gender into the Big Hall for dinner!" 

     Getting in a group with Lydia and Chloe, I spot Piper up ahead. I look beyond her in search of the Big Hall. Amber begins to lead us away, and as it turns out, the Big Hall is a huge building in a space between the girl's dorms and the boy's dorms.

     I'm aware of my stomach growling as I follow Amber into the building, and I can only hope the food here doesn't taste like cardboard.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Man, this chapter gave me a headache. XD

Comment and vote! :D