21. Sorry, Maybe..

Justin

I dropped the glass in my hand the moment I heard a loud scream come from upstairs. The glass hit the wooden floor before I could even realize what I had done. Shards of glass flew in every direction along with the crushed pieces of ice. I made a mental note to clean the floor up before I rushed up the steps to see why Zahara screamed as loud as she did. When I got to the top of the step she was sitting on the floor in the bathroom holding onto her ankle trying her hardest not to show how much pain she was in. I expected her to tell me what took place for her to hurt her ankle but no..

"Please tell me why I found a cat in my bathtub"

I could tell she was pissed, I kind of forgot to mention the fact that I got a cat for Zari. I was gonna tell her eventually just not today.

"Justin, why is there a cat in my house?"

"I got it for Zari.. you weren't supposed to see him yet"

"Are you freaking serious, you brought a cat into my home without asking me! I had to find it in my bathtub what kind of bullshit is that?"

"Okay.. I know you're upset. But let's worry about your ankle first. We'll talk about the cat later"

"No! We're gonna talk about this now, who do you think you are-"

The moment she tried to stand up her mouth opened to scream but nothing came out. I know that had to hurt, bad. I tried to help her but she pushed me away and bit down on her finger while she limped out of the bathroom. I didn't think she would find the cat, he was supposed to stay in my room until I talked to her about keeping him. But I guess I didn't shut the door all the way and he wandered into the bathroom. I followed Zahara down the hall trying to help her even though she pretty much pushed me out of her way already. I feel bad that she hurt herself because the cat had to take his ass into the bathroom and scare her. She's scared of cats and I know that but in my defense I thought I had him hidden well enough.

When she got to her room she hopped over to the ottoman in front of her bed and sat down. She looked up at me while she bit the inside of cheek, she does that when she's angry, or anxious. I couldn't tell if she wanted to scream because it hurt or kill me for being the reason it happened. She still didn't say anything she just continued biting her cheeks, going from one side to the other. Her chest started to rise and fall much faster than normal, she bounced the leg that wasn't hurt and continued to look at me. I know her so she doesn't even have to speak for me to know what she's thinking.

She reached over and grabbed a medium sized bag and sat it on the bed and unzipped it. It was filled with so much medical stuff, she moved things around before she grabbed a smaller bag that was gold. When she opened it, she took out two packs of something, scissors, a bandage strip and some little pins. I watched her squeeze one of the little packs before kneading it. She handed it to me and did the same to the other one, it was actually cold.

"It's an instant ice pack.."

"Interesting, do you want me to hold it on your ankle?"

"No, I'm gonna tell you what to do. Just hold on"

She took the ice pack from me sat it back on the bed and started unravelling the bandage thing. I sat on the floor so I could do whatever she needed me to do in order to help her.

"I need to put my foot on your lap.."

"Okay"

I reached for her foot and she grabbed onto my head, I looked around before taking her hand off. Her eyes were wide and her lips were tightly pressed together. I'm guessing I grabbed her foot a little rougher than I thought.