14

Two weeks had gone by. Two glorious weeks. Brendon had been spoiled with the comfort of Ryan's company. Everyday after long alliance and treaty meetings, they would retire to Brendon's chambers where they could be alone to do whatever they pleased. Ryan had shown Brendon pleasure that Brendon had never felt before, and in return, Brendon would fall to his knees for Ryan. It was a glorious thing they had between the two of them. But today, that would end.

The trumpets sounded early in the morning, signaling a royal arrival. Sarah's arrival. Soon, Ryan would be forced to separate himself from Brendon. Soon, Ryan would be forced to watch the man he had grown so close with, marry another. The thought made Ryan's heart ache.

Brendon had told Ryan that the marriage wouldn't change anything. He said that he still only had eyes for Ryan, but Ryan had been lied to before, so he wasn't quick to believe Brendon.

Now they stood in the ballroom, awaiting princess Sarah's arrival. Brendon stands in front of Ryan, eyes focused on the door in front of him. Ryan's eyes however, are just focused on Brendon, wondering how in the hell they'll be able to make this crazy thing work.

Suddenly the doors open and trumpets sound the kingdoms soon to be queen. Sarah is beautiful. She was short chocolate curls that fall to her shoulders and big bright eyes. Her lips peel up into a bright smile when her eyes land on Brendon's figure. "Hello my king." She says with a soft giggle as Brendon takes her hand and guides it to his lips.

"Im not quite yet a king, but I adore your enthusiasm." Brendon chuckles back as he drops her hand. "The entire kingdom is buzzing about your arrival."

Sarah smirks at that. "Id like to believe so. It's good for my ego." She winks, biting her lip as she looks Brendon over.

Ryan doesn't want to be here. He doesn't want to be watching the two of them flirt, but he has to. He had to get used to a life of watching the man he adored with another woman. One with the title Ryan would never be able to have. One who was rightfully, Brendon's better half. Though hopefully once Sarah knew of their relationship, she would be nice enough to back off. And if she didn't, well, Ryan knew how to play dirty.

"You must be exhausted from your journey." Brendon says softly, caringly. "My men will show you to your chambers, get some rest, we have a wedding to prepare for tonight." He smiles before motioning to his men to take Sarah away, which they do quickly, knowing that Brendon would much rather be alone right now than with a woman he was supposed to be engaged to. Well... Alone with Ryan anyways.

"She seems nice." Ryan says, offering the most sincere smile he can manage. "She's very pretty."

Brendon nods in agreement, before turning to face Ryan, his face has fallen into a frown and he looks as if he is ready to cry.

"What's wrong?" Ryan asks quickly, moving to hold onto Brendon's hands for support.

"What's wrong?" Brendon asks with a roll of his eyes, as if the answer was the most obvious thing in the world. "I'm getting married tomorrow to a woman whom I hardly even know. A woman who I am not even attracted to in the slightest. I'm getting married to someone who isn't you..." He sighs.

"Brendon..." Ryan sighs, pulling the man into his arms. "We both know this won't be easy but.... This is all for show. Sarah is just a girl who will soon have little power. You and I both know who your real heart lies with." Ryan smiles slightly, kissing Brendon's forehead. "At the end of the day you will always have me standing next to you. You'll never have to worry about that. I'll never be leaving you."

Brendon looks up into Ryan's eyes, a small smile pulling at his cheeks as he shakes his head. "You're right. All that matters is I know what's in my heart. And what's in my heart is you. I love you, Ryan. And I know I should have said it any times before but I didn't want to scare you off with talk of--"

Ryan shakes his head quickly and breaks Brendon off by pressing a soft kiss to his lips. "I love you too." He hums.