11

Ryan's eyes land on a purely beautiful sight. Beyond the ivy vines was an opening, the walls made of stone and wet with water. Deeper in, he could see a sparkling blue water, bubbling with heat. behind that, a small waterfall sent water trickling from a hole above down into the blue lagoon. In between stones Ryan could see small pink and purple flowers. He wondered how it could be possible for them to grow here, but he had learned long ago not to question beauty, but to embrace it.

"How in the hell did you find this?" Ryan asks, smiling brightly up at Brendon.

"I was just a kid who liked to sneak out late at night to explore. One night I happened to stumble upon this." Brendon squeezes Ryan's hand slightly before pulling it away. "Now... shall we undress and go for a dip?"

Ryan nods quickly and finds himself pulling his shirt off over his head before he can even have time to think about what he's doing. He watches as Brendon hurriedly does the same, before they both push down their pants to reveal their naked bodies.

Brendon cant help but look Ryan up and down, admiring every inch of the boy. He licks his lips slightly, unable to hide his attraction. "I'm sorry for staring, I just... you're beautiful."

Ryan chuckles at that, his head shaking as he moves his arms to wrap around Brendon's waist, pulling him in close. "No. It's you who is beautiful. Undeniably so. It drives me crazy at times." he chuckles, making Brendon blush. "And you're allowed to stare all you want. God knows I stare at you more than i'd like to admit."

Brendon chuckles like that and leans in to press a quick kiss to Ryan's lips. "Shall we go in?"

Ryan looks over at the water for a moment before looking back to Brendon with a wide smirk. "I think we should."

***

The water is hot against their skin as they both enter the water, warming their entire bodies. Brendon lets out a groan of relief, letting his muscles relax in the water surrounding him. It feels like forever since he's let himself relax. The stress of the day had been getting to him. Last night he had been unable to sleep, so he had gone riding. This morning he found himself unable to relax again, so he went riding. And now he was finally felt himself starting to relax, but he needed more. He needed to release his tension. He needed.... He needed Ryan.

"Im glad you're here." Brendon whispers, letting himself sink into Ryan's side as the boy wraps an arm around his shoulders. "Ive never even shown anyone this place. Not until you."

Ryan looks down at Brendon with a bright smile, kissing the top of his head. "Well I feel honored. It's nice here. Relaxing to say the least."

"I wish I could say I feel at ease, but I can't." Brendon sighs. "I have to choose who I'll marry tonight."

"I know." Ryan sighs as well, smile fading from his lips. "Have you decided on who it will be?"

"No." Brendon moves to look up at Ryan, eyes watering with tears. "How am I supposed to spend the rest of my life with someone whom i feel nothing for? Why do I have to be condemned to a life of misery just so that I can have an heir?"

Ryan's hand quickly moves to wipe away the tears falling from Brendon's eyes. "Because our world is horrible. Our world doesn't know the power of love, or care for that matter. We are royals. We don't get the luxury of happiness. You know that just as well as I do."

Brendon closes his eyes and hangs his head low, tears still falling down his cheeks quickly. "Stay... promise me you'll stay with me so that I can at least be happy in one regard. We may have to sneak around and have affairs but, I'll be happy as long as I'm with you."

Ryan pulls Brendon's chin up, making him look at Ryan's own face. "I will never leave you. I can promise you that." His lips fall to Brendon's, sealing his promise with a soft, slow kiss.