I heard a rush of knocking on my door and hurriedly went to get it. It was Abby and Tobin.

"Have you seen it yet?" Abby asked rushing in. Seen what?

"No she clearly hasn't. She's not angry or crying." Tobin stated on her phone looking askedngryt me warily.

"What? Is another one of those stupid Alex memes? These people can't find any real entertainment." I muttered grabbing Tobin's phone to look at it. What I saw was NOT a meme.

I looked up at them confused "Wait what?"

The phone was on a news site and the headline was 'Ronaldo dumps Alex Morgan for ex GF Irina'.

Abby watched me carefully "He was a jerk anyway..." I looked at her confused, jerk? Cristiano was a jerk?

"I think she's in shock... maybe still trying to process it." I heard Tobin whisper.

I looked back down at the phone. "But... he didn't?" Abby raised a brow "He did. There's pictures of them together."

"He didn't break up with me?" I said trying to find a breath to breathe.

Think, he didn't answer your call. James was abrupt and hung up. This could be the situation, breaking up with me.

"Mmhmm." Abby said pulling me to sit down.

"No I'm not being crazy. He didn't, I haven't talked to him since this morning."

Abby rested her hand on my arm "Lex... there's a picture of them kissing... Irina has a ring on her finger and a box in her hand."

"Let me see." I said reaching for Tobin's phone again. I scrolled through the article, there's a few pictures. One of them laughing, one of Cris's arm around her, and finally the one of them kissing. Irina does have a ring on her wedding ring finger and Cris is holding a box.

I'm so confused...

I grabbed my phone again and dialed Cris. When he didn't answer I left him a message "Cris... I don't understand. Please call." Before I could hang up Abby grabbed the phone "She's in shock. Listen pretty boy. I will destroy you."

I grabbed it back "Stop." Then hung up.

Cristiano wouldn't do this to me... would he?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"Cris, hermano, you need to call her. Explain this." James reasoned as I sat and stared as Alex called me.

I can't. She'll be too heartbroken and angry. I can't explain.

"She'll hate me." I mused

James stared at me. "I'm kind of hating you right now."

"You know what this is." I shook my head and picked up my phone. James took it out of my hands and dialed Alex then handed it to me.

Here we go....

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

"He's calling." I whispered through a tissue.

Abby grabbed the phone and answered "Oh look it's the asshole that doesn't have the decency to at least do it over text. Not that that's okay at all."

I could hear his voice muffled over the phone. "No I don't think I want you to talk to her. So tell me here pretty boy. What was the point huh? Of getting an innocent beautiful awesome and amazing girl wrapped up in this?"

I want to hear him out. I reached my hand out for the phone and took it from her as she was about to begin another angry rant.

"Cris.." I said weakly. "Why did you do this..."

I heard him sigh and say "It's... complicated. But it's not as it seems. Alex please let me come and explain... Carlo said we could all come..."

"I don't think I want you here." I whispered feeling another round of tears coming. "Amor... please. Let me explain.. in person." I heard his voice crack.

In wanted to see him.. I wanted him to tell me it's all a false rumor. That the pictures were old and he hasn't seen Irina ever.

"You can't have him here. We have the biggest game of our lives in a few days. He can't be here ruining you." Abby snapped loud enough for Cris to hear.

"Amor-"

"Don't call me amor. You're engaged." I said feeling deflated.

"No I'm not... Alex please. I can't explain over the phone." Cris pleaded.

I gritted my teeth and looked at Abby who was shaking her head and rubbing her temples. "Fine. But you're leaving the same day."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Hi.....